Drum Badges: Should there be any: Good, bad ugly, post your pics.

Here's some from my sonor force 2007 kit.

Sorry that I suck with a camera....lol.

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Sonor Force 2007 DW 2.jpg
    Sonor Force 2007 DW 2.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 1,680
  • Sonor Force 2007 DW 4.jpg
    Sonor Force 2007 DW 4.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 1,785
Old school. And I like it!

Attachments

• IMG_3442 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3442 (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,707
Here's a few of mine.............................

Attachments

• Peace 1 phosphor bronze.jpg
    Peace 1 phosphor bronze.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,612
  • Stans drumset 028.jpg
    Stans drumset 028.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,608
I arrange my rack tom mounts so that they cover the badges of my superstars. They are integrated into the vent hole.
I kinda like the unix badge of my snare (for pics see the link in my signature). Slightly big but classy.

Sorry, but I never really thought about it. All-in-all, badges don't bother me, but smaller is better.

I do prefer when the badge is just the name of the company and that's it. I liked how Rogers put the paper label on the inside of the shells to indicate the model of the drum.

The Rogers Eagle badge was used before they switched to the script logo.

Cheers,

-R

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,712
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,723
I really like the round badges on my Pearl limited-edition kit, and I wish they'd place it on all of their drums.

Attachments

• GEDC0075.jpg
    GEDC0075.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,167
I thing a nice hand crafted in-craving would be very classy! Has any company ever tried that approach?

I've always wondered why drum companies do that. I think it would be better to just have a plain drum with nothing on it, just a nice clean-looking drum. Those badges cheapen the look of the drum in my opinion.

What are they for, anyway? To remind you of what kind of drums you're playing? Seems a bit silly to me.

I think they're actually there so that OTHER people see the brand name. "Ooh! I want a drum set like (so-and-so). What drum set do THEY play?"

Oh here's the only actually logo on my Tama Warlord Masai Kit. Which funnily enough I took off.

Of course there's the Warlord "badge" but its just a fancy shape. With Swarovski crystals. Nothing special. ;)

Oddly enough I don't actually have any pics of the badge but once I get around to taking more pics of my updated setup I'll post 'em.

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Tama Warlord DW 18.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 18.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 1,640
Oh here's the only actually logo on my Tama Warlord Masai Kit. Which funnily enough I took off.

Of course there's the Warlord "badge" but its just a fancy shape. With Swarovski crystals. Nothing special. ;)

-Jonathan

Sure, rub it in... add some salt to the wounds ;-)
(don't mind me, I am just jealous of your kit...)

well I'm envious of your snare drum.

Man, I could stare at that thing all day. :)

-Jonathan

Gretsch Catalina Club Badge:

on my black and silver kit, This looks perfect.

Besides the fact that I play 'em, I always kinda liked the Yamaha RC badge. Satin background with small black lettering. Classy and not overstated. However, I didn't like other badges Yamaha used, like the old tour custom or the 40th Anniversary badges. They were big brassy things, which to my mind were way too out front and obnoxious looking.

I still love how these Black RC drums look. The sound isn't for me 100% (maybe 85-90% haha!), but they look droolishious! Especially with the older Red/Black sticker era hardware.

I LOVE the Ludwig 100th badge on the Chrome Supra.

I like the smaller badges on kits, and I always hated Pearl and Mapex's big rectangle badges and Rogers big "R" badge.
Fibes badge is cool, the Rogers with the eagle is neat and the old Tama "T" badge was cool.

Here's some from my sonor force 2007 kit.

Sorry that I suck with a camera....lol.

-Jonathan

Nice! It's a new finish for 2010? And why you have rubber under your lugs and not my Force 2007? Mystery. Sonor decided to put rubber under the lugs with the new finish? (I Have the Blue Fade)

Nice! It's a new finish for 2010? And why you have rubber under your lugs and not my Force 2007? Mystery. Sonor decided to put rubber under the lugs with the new finish? (I Have the Blue Fade)

Nope, not a new finish, it's called Dark Green Burst, It could just be due to my lack of knowledge with camera settings that make it look different.

As for the the rubber, I think it might just be a shadow or something, although it could have been a new feature from the 2007's made in the year 2009.

-Jonathan

IMHO, if it's a good looking badge (ie, the first brady example), then leave it on. I happen to think it adds to the aesthetics and overall appearance of a drum. If it's an ugly sucker (like on most low end kits) take it off. It takes away from an already unattractive drum.

Again, just my humble opinion :)

Of all the badges I've seen, I feel like Gretsch's higher ends have the nicest looking badge

4097859147_e1f3b50286_b.jpg

Back