Double Bass Pedal

buzzbuzz

I have a DW 7000 double pedal which I have had for a long time. I want to change to a pedal with a bit better response and 'action' - also just ready for something different.
I know that you have to play them first and improve your technique, etc. but I want to know what you guys like and might recommend.
I don't play too much metal but have to maintain 16th notes for a couple of minutes or so on a few songs. I play primarily hard rock.
I looked at a video of the IC's and really liked the Cobra Coil - the spring that pops the pedal back up but don't know if it works in the real world or is helpful at all. Also, I'm not sure what the differences are in the IC models. My budget is about $350.

I'd be looking on E-bay. Yamaha Flying Dragon, Pearl Eliminators, maybe even axis. IC's have a similar weight to DW, some say heavier others say not. Even Yamaha's double chain drive has a nice feel to it.

But in the end as you know you need to try all of them out!

I have the Iron Cobras with the Cobra Coil and I really like them. You should give them a try along with any others you have a chance to demo. Just remember that they have many adjustments so out of the box or however they are set at a store may not be your feel. Don't be turned off until you tinker with them.

Buzz---I would recommend looking at Taye dbl pedals as well. I have played the PSK602C for the last 3 years or so and have not had one issue with them. I play a lot of double patterns with them--and I play hard--and these have held up to all I throw at them. They are every bit as heavy and well built as the Tama's and are as smooth as I have felt anywhere else. You can snag their top of the line--PSK702C-- for about $250 or so. Great gear thats very underrated.

Another double pedal thread ?
Go out to a decent music store Guitar Center/ Sam ash etc etc. I would go with a manufacture with a good reputation. Play as many pedals that you can. Pick what you like
not what brand it is. Let the pedal pick you, for lack of a better word. I hope that is helpful.

I've always been a fan of the Yamaha double pedal that came before the Flying Dragons as well as DW 5000's, but the best pedals for the money in my opinion are the Pearl Eliminators, Tama Iron Cobras, and the new Gibralter Intruders, all of whick I've used at some point. Just see which feels best to your feet.

Back