Did You Know??

Tommy was the man on that tour. I was there for most of the gigs :) Oh the stories :0

love Tommy

he was a huge influence to my drumming youth

loved that solo even if he played the same one for 30 years :)

even went to see Whitesnake multiple times just to see him live

I just had to set my kit up with the 2 rack toms between the two kicks back then to be like Tommy

he was the first guy I ever heard do that kick snap in such a tasteful way

love Tommy

he was a huge influence to my drumming youth

loved that solo even if he played the same one for 30 years :)

even went to see Whitesnake multiple times just to see him live

I just had to set my kit up with the 2 rack toms between the two kicks back then to be like Tommy

he was the first guy I ever heard do that kick snap in such a tasteful way
I know what you mean. He has a certain power that captivates you no matter what he's playing. He certainly drives a rock band how it should be driven :)

A bit of useless trivia, Tommy used to drive Ozzy nuts by constantly going on about his work with Pat Travers. He'd bring it up in just about every conversation, & even go round the crew playing snippets on his tape player.

wow tough, Ill give it a shot

Mike Bordin
Tommy Aldridge (sp?)
Jimmy Degrasso
Randy Castillo RIP
Lee Kerslake (sp?)...the guy from Uriah Heep
Carmine Appice

I know there has to be more, including the guy who plays now (dont know his name) but thats all I can think of

racked my brain to get that many

The obvious one missed is Deen Castronovo (played on Ozzmosis and the first part of that tour).

The less obvious one is Brain Tichy (filled in for Mike Bordin for one summer).

And the current guy Tommy Clufetos.

Although good call on Jimmy. I know he was part of Ozzy's band, but I don't know if he ever actually played any shows (?). I know Ozzy hired him, then fired him in a drunken rampage for no real apparent reason.

Becker and Fagan......Steely Dan.

nice work

speaking of Steely Dan I'll throw another one out there and see if anyone bites

Rick Marottas take of Peg was the one that stuck and made it to Aja

he played on an old wood Ludwig snare drum with Canasonic heads on that take.

that snare drum originally belonged to what drummer?.... and where did Rick get that drum?

wow, no idea

looking forward to that answer

in the mean time

what two well known musicians did Chevy Chase play drums with ?

and what well know band did those two musicians go on to form?

Steely Dan.............................

nice work

speaking of Steely Dan I'll throw another one out there and see if anyone bites

Rick Marottas take of Peg was the one that stuck and made it to Aja

he played on an old wood Ludwig snare drum with Canasonic heads on that take.

that snare drum originally belonged to what drummer?.... and where did Rick get that drum?

I'm thinking Steve Gadd or Andy Newmark, who I believe he shared house with at one stage.

Here's one ... Rick Marotta, is known for deceptively simple-sounding, perfect beats.

However, I had an album by a top fusion guitarist who has played with Steely Dan and RM played a somewhat out-of-character take with plenty of fills on the title track. What was the album?

Let's have an easy one...about band initials :)

What E.L.P. stand for?

Easy... Emmerson, Lake and Palmer...:)

Now, again what E.L.P. stand for? ... and obviously not the one I just mentioned :)

What E.L.P. stand for?

Now, again what E.L.P. stand for? ... and obviously not the one I just mentioned :)

Well I think extended long play is what you are looking for although I really like Polly's answer better. Of course it's also the airport code for El Paso, so perhaps that's what you were going for?

Oops, just realized you were talking about band initials.... Probably means I'm wring on all counts. Story of my life.

Well I think extended long play is what you are looking for although I really like Polly's answer better. Of course it's also the airport code for El Paso, so perhaps that's what you were going for?

Airport? ;-)) ... and extended long play, is that called a "maxi-single"?

Nope Mary, it's not that, it's a band, a prog rock band now everyone will get it :)

What E.L.P. stand for?

Nope Mary, it's not that, it's a band, a prog rock band now everyone will get it :)

Emmerson Lake and Powell.

As in Cozy Powell.

More like an under-achieving album ;). And I still don't know the band...shame on me.

I'm thinking Steve Gadd or Andy Newmark, who I believe he shared house with at one stage.

Here's one ... Rick Marotta, is known for deceptively simple-sounding, perfect beats.

However, I had an album by a top fusion guitarist who has played with Steely Dan and RM played a somewhat out-of-character take with plenty of fills on the title track. What was the album?

wasn't Gadd
good guess though Polly

Emerson Lake and Powell :)

Gvda, not Andy Newmark either then. That's as good as I get - anything else would be a stab in the dark. Buddy Rich? :)

MAD ... a clue with the Marotta question ... the guitarist was into pyramid power ...

Edit: Darn you, DED!

Here's a fun one that aydee told me:

How did Alex Acuna get hired for Weather Report?

... now, I'm still searching for the album with Rick Marotta that Polly's put out there, any guess Ian?

No ideas, since I never really to much 70's fusion outside of a few things here and there. Although I swear Polly has told this or a similar story before.

Here is one: Name the famous drummer in the late 60's who discussed forming a new band with Jimmy Page, but didn't paving the way for John Bonham to join what became Led Zeppelin.

Back