Crush drums

neyney

hey everyone, i've been looking at crush drums this lately and they look great. the finishes caught my attention lol. the chameleon ash kit sounds great and punchy. also the sublime series. which Crush line is the top of the line and the follow up?

i am gonna upgrade my kit soon and thinking of replacing to Crush but i also have the Tama SS hyperdrive in my mind. how does these two compared? which is more high end from the two?

Flagship line is limited reserve series followed by sublime, chameleon, and acrylic. Then finally the alpha series.

Tama is an established company. I love their hardware, but never played a Tama kit, even though they're a huge seller. The Hyperdrive is a higher end option, I think. I'd personally rather buy a more expensive Starclassic if it came between the two. Plus, I have short toms and I'm really not that into them. Not enough resonance or depth at all.

Crush has only been around a few years, so it's hard to say much about them, although I'm interested in trying one of their kits.

If you can, try any kit out before you buy it.

Tama has been making great drums from the 70's till today.

Crush stuff looks good,but hasn't been around to establish any degree of consistancy.

I own Tama amongst other brands,and their sound and build quality are excellent.

But why limit youself to just two brands new,why not buying used and getting more bang for the buck?Why not look at Lidwig,Pearl,Gretsch,Yamaha,Mapex...and lots of others.

Don't be swayed by drum bling or drum fashon.Buy something that sounds good....to you.

What's your buget,and are you looking for cymbals and hardware also.

Also,you're not really upgrading your drums......you're buying a new kit altogether.

Just sayin'

Steve B

Last edited:
hey everyone, i've been looking at crush drums this lately and they look great. the finishes caught my attention lol. the chameleon ash kit sounds great and punchy. also the sublime series. which Crush line is the top of the line and the follow up?

i am gonna upgrade my kit soon and thinking of replacing to Crush but i also have the Tama SS hyperdrive in my mind. how does these two compared? which is more high end from the two?

I am the the C.O.O. of Crush Drums & Percussion and saw your post. First I'd like to tell you we are honored you would consider becoming a member of the Crush Family. There are many amazing brands of drums out there all of which would be a very good addition to your collection.

Our top of the line are the limited reserve kits as mentioned by a previous person on this thread. Our flagship is our Sublime Series. It's 100% North American Maple, with thinner plys as they are 1.6mm as opposed to the standard 2mm. We added re-rings in the toms to give it a vintage sound. It's 6 ply toms, 8 ply bass drum and 10 ply 10 lug snare. The bearing edges are different for each drum as well to maximize your sound. The toms are a double 45 with slight round over for good head to shell contact; the snare is a single sharp 45 for tons of attack and the kick has a slight edge on the batter and full round over on the reso side to give you the bang with a good boom to follow. The Chameleon Ash is a great kit that comes from Taiwan and is very well built. You might want to check out the new satin red as the color is amazing.

I recommend you go and play every kit from each different company you can before you make an investment. Each kit from different manufactures will have different features and different tones. It's all really about personal preference for each individual. What works for someone might not work for the next person. I

Good luck in your search and thanks for considering us.

I am the the C.O.O. of Crush Drums & Percussion and saw your post. First I'd like to tell you we are honored you would consider becoming a member of the Crush Family. There are many amazing brands of drums out there all of which would be a very good addition to your collection.

Our top of the line are the limited reserve kits as mentioned by a previous person on this thread. Our flagship is our Sublime Series. It's 100% North American Maple, with thinner plys as they are 1.6mm as opposed to the standard 2mm. We added re-rings in the toms to give it a vintage sound. It's 6 ply toms, 8 ply bass drum and 10 ply 10 lug snare. The bearing edges are different for each drum as well to maximize your sound. The toms are a double 45 with slight round over for good head to shell contact; the snare is a single sharp 45 for tons of attack and the kick has a slight edge on the batter and full round over on the reso side to give you the bang with a good boom to follow. The Chameleon Ash is a great kit that comes from Taiwan and is very well built. You might want to check out the new satin red as the color is amazing.

I recommend you go and play every kit from each different company you can before you make an investment. Each kit from different manufactures will have different features and different tones. It's all really about personal preference for each individual. What works for someone might not work for the next person. I

Nice touch, Crush people! I'm impressed. Never really investigated Crush and had no idea they made such a cool cute and affordable acrylic bop kit. Look out, payday's in a week. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drum...-percussion-acrylic-series-3-piece-shell-pack

I saw a Crush acrylic with a hammered metal snare at Ken Stanton music,the kit looked great,seamless shells,and everything looked well designed and well built.

Tama is an established company. I love their hardware, but never played a Tama kit, even though they're a huge seller. The Hyperdrive is a higher end option, I think. I'd personally rather buy a more expensive Starclassic if it came between the two. Plus, I have short toms and I'm really not that into them. Not enough resonance or depth at all.

The Hyperdrive is a bizarre middle-ground between the Silverstars and the Starclassic Performer, with the same shells as Silverstars but different lugs, die-cast hoops, dark nickel hardware, etc. The Silverstar is IMO the better choice (I own a Superstar).

Shallow toms inherently have more head sustain than deeper ones, so I would tell you that you might want to mess around with tuning (unless you're actually using resonance correctly). I have had no problems with the versatility of my Superstars' shallow rack toms.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hyperdrive is a bizarre middle-ground between the Silverstars and the Starclassic Performer, with the same shells as Silverstars but different lugs, die-cast hoops, dark nickel hardware, etc. The Silverstar is IMO the better choice (I own a Superstar).

Shallow toms inherently have more head sustain than deeper ones, so I would tell you that you might want to mess around with tuning (unless you're actually using resonance correctly). I have had no problems with the versatility of my Superstars' shallow rack toms.

I agree too. You should give Tama a try first. If just considering color, DDrum can be considered.

But why limit youself to just two brands new,why not buying used and getting more bang for the buck?Why not look at Lidwig,Pearl,Gretsch,Yamaha,Mapex...and lots of others.

i couldn't find used gear in my country. i already looked for some other brands as well but i just want to see how would these two drums compare. besides, i think Crush costs a lil bit cheaper than others imo. also, i want to try new brand company hehe :)

What's your buget,and are you looking for cymbals and hardware also.

my budget would be around $1000 to $13000. i already have Cymbal and hardware so im just looking for a shell pack.

thank you for the information :D gladly appreciate it

since my country is not well known..lol. i cant rely on the local music shop as they only bring in a few drums and not a wide variety of brands :/ sucks right? i know :( so my only intel is from the internet and people thoughts. thats why i want to narrow down the choice so that its easy for me to look for it and save time when im going abroad. thats my only chance to look at different drums and try em. hope u guys can understand :)

thnks

I saw a Crush acrylic with a hammered metal snare at Ken Stanton music,the kit looked great,seamless shells,and everything looked well designed and well built.

I could be wrong,but I believe those are shells made by RCI,who makes just about all ,of the acrylic shells used in drum construction..

I don't believe any drum company makes their own acrylic shells.

What is your country? We will help it become better known.

You know...lately you're killin' me...lol.:)

Steve B

Part of Asia, Brunei Darussalam. really small country xD there are like only 3 music shop here lol

I know that country it it's just in between part of my, yeah really tiny in size, tho your country is small I heard its richer than mine :eek:

You could fly down to KL (?) There are a few music stores here which maybe a better place.

If you're budget is between 1000 and 1300 be sure to look at used kits. What piece kit are you looking to buy? Do you need a snare? Guitar Center has an AMAZING used selection... I just bought a DW Performance Kit, White Ice, 3pc (12, 16, 22) for $929.00... MINT,MINT,MINT cond...

i couldn't find used gear in my country. i already looked for some other brands as well but i just want to see how would these two drums compare. besides, i think Crush costs a lil bit cheaper than others imo. also, i want to try new brand company hehe :)

my budget would be around $1000 to $13000. i already have Cymbal and hardware so im just looking for a shell pack.

thank you for the information :D gladly appreciate it

I know that country it it's just in between part of my, yeah really tiny in size, tho your country is small I heard its richer than mine :eek:

You could fly down to KL (?) There are a few music stores here which maybe a better place.

thats what im planning to do soon :D there are bunch of better music store there

If you're budget is between 1000 and 1300 be sure to look at used kits. What piece kit are you looking to buy? Do you need a snare? Guitar Center has an AMAZING used selection... I just bought a DW Performance Kit, White Ice, 3pc (12, 16, 22) for $929.00... MINT,MINT,MINT cond...

man thats a nice deal! i m looking for a 5 piece kit 1 up 2 down and i do need snare.

I could be wrong,but I believe those are shells made by RCI,who makes just about all ,of the acrylic shells used in drum construction..

I don't believe any drum company makes their own acrylic shells.

Our shells are NOT made by RCI. We make them in our factory. No BS there at all. We developed a new method for making seamless shells.

So you're the only company that makes their own acrylic shells besides RCI.I know Gold n Times went out of business although their website is still up.

Interesting.

Steve B

Back