competition for the Tama SilverStar

JaQ

I carry on with the intent to purchase such drums 4pic with 18x14 bass drum.
I do not think I need bigger drums, to played at home and at rehearsals
But to the point .... There is something better in this price?

If you're gonna go cheap, go alot cheaper and go for the Sonor Bop. Same sizes, mystery woods, great hardware, for $400. Basically a Sonor Safari with larger sizes. There's a reason we're all ravin' about the Safari's. I think you should check those out. No point spending more money on a kit that you don't plan on using really heavily, and on either the Tama or the Sonor, you'd have to change out the heads (sooner than later) because it's that cheap stuff - so you'd have money left over to buy good heads for it if you went with the Sonor. And then some left over for a few good dinners!

I tried the Silverstars and wasn't as impressed as I was with the quality from the Sonor Safari, which cost alot less. More bang for your buck there, I say.

Unfortunately, these Sonor`s are available in Europe. I only saw Jungle force 3007 but in the same price like Tama Silverstar.
This Sonor have 16x16 bass drum. I think 18" is better for me, i wanna play little rock.

I have owned the Gretsch Cat Jazz and played several Tama Silverstars. IMO the Tama is a better kit in every way, like twice as good really.

I see Sonor Bop in net.I can not find it in Europe, Neither of which is wood

But this is real competition for the Tama Silverstar Jazz

Really helpful are your posts
But if I get somewhere in Europe such Bop kit?

I see Sonor Bop in net.I can not find it in Europe, Neither of which is wood

But this is real competition for the Tama Silverstar Jazz

Really helpful are your posts
But if I get somewhere in Europe such Bop kit?

Really? Sonor is a German company. I'd think they'd. E easy to find in Europe.

Really? Sonor is a German company. I'd think they'd. E easy to find in Europe.
Sonor only marketed the Safari Jungle and the Bop kits in North America as far as I know. If you go to Sonor's web site the Safari series doesn't even appear.

I vote for the Silverstar kit.
If you can find a Mapex Meridian Jazz kit then take a look at it. They are also real good.

Sonor only marketed the Safari Jungle and the Bop kits in North America as far as I know. If you go to Sonor's web site the Safari series doesn't even appear.

I vote for the Silverstar kit.
If you can find a Mapex Meridian Jazz kit then take a look at it. They are also real good.

+1 on the Mapex Meridan Manahttan jazz kit. It's a few hundred more but all maple shells with top quality construction and hardware! The kits are very nice, I love mine.

damn it !
Meridian Manhattan or jazz available in the U.S. not in Europe.
WHY !??!

But my problem is solved. I only have to choose Silverstar Jazz or Catalina Jazz.
Tama Silverstar Jazz has weak competitors in Europe.

Very strange is that the two German manufacturers produced but not available in Europe, and the Japanese and Americans, yes.
I know, I know everything is from China.

Back