Big Decision / Gretsch USA Custom Questions

Kona-

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll talk to the guys at my shop and see if I can get access to some swatches!

This is why I love this board... good stuff.

Hmm. Premier is not for sale at all in the USA--no dealers listed for them in the USA. Surprising.

If I had the wherewithall to get a USA custom, I think I would opt for a classic finish like the rosewood or natural. A really old school pearl wrap would be cool, but when I think of great Gretsch kits folks I've known played, they were invariably rosewood with a couple of natural and green lacquer thrown in.

Yes - did you get your USA Custom drums??

See my Avatar - I got some........and wow - not disappointed at all. They're more amazing than I imagined. I leave them set up in the drum room and try to play them daily. But, they're so nice I find myself taking a drum upstairs now and then and just sitting in front of the tv and cleaning it - just to hold one of these drums in my hands feels good - almost as good as playing them. Weird hu. I paid a lot of money for them and I want to get my moneys worth haha.

I got the Vintage build-out and a naked BD........so the rack tom does not have the diamond plate.

Back