Anyone ever have this happen to them? Hope not.

I've never heard the Atari's music (surprise!) but my initial feeling was that the drummer was lagging a little. I read a few comments and I think that was the cause.

Wait, no. The cause was the singer being a child.

Nope, that's never happened to me as I'd currently be doing jail time for giving him an old fashioned doing! (Scottish expression for a right old kicking for our international viewers).

What a tool!

Last edited:
I found a link to the drummer quitting:

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-ataris-drummer-quits-after-explosive-performance

It's one thing to have a bad performance. It's another thing altogether to do what that guitar player did. Rank amateur crap.

And he's looking for a new drummer?

I'll play drums for him.

I'll make him so nervous that he'll end up setting up facing me. He'll have nobody to blame but himself [the t-shirt i'll wear every night with that saying will tell him so]. He'll have nightmares in red sparkle. As I drive my cymbal stands into his cabinet every night at the end of our set, making sure to step on every b.s. little boutique stomp box he plugs into to get his "punk" tone.....I'll remind him that he needs to get up early tomorrow to find a music store so he can get his suddenly broken stuff fixed for the next show. I'll replace all of his stage beer with warm milk. I'll pay fans up front to keep unplugging his monitors. I'll switch all the band's setlists except his, so that everyone can tell him he's wrong.
I'll.....I'll......

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

Wow that's awful... the drummer just looked at him stunned. One of the only ways to invoke my wrath is to F*** with my gear.

Yes it's shocking. But ultimately - many many things in life are.
And the reason being is often the same: pure stupidity. Seems a really good and logical explanation to me - stupid people would do stupid things. And there's enough stupidity around.

I'm 98% sure the lead singer slept with my Ex when we were dating about 10 years ago.

You could imagine why I'm not a fan. :)

Wow, just wow.

I've witnessed a lead singer go off on people, but never like that.

And ok, lets say the drummer was screwing up, wait until after the show to address the issue! Don't do it on stage.

Interesting enough, per their wikipedia page, the band has been through numerous band members, including 5 different drummers since 1996. That's almost one drummer per year.
In addition to numerous different guitarists and bassists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ataris#Band_members

So, it makes you wonder if the lead singer is just a truly hard to get along with person t have that many band members in and out of the band in such a time frame.
And really makes you wonder how this singer can maintain any semblance of a music career with such an attitude.

Just watched the longer video of this and a few observations.

Firstly, is it just me, but is this entire band not absolutely A1 awful. The whole thing. The drums, the guitars, THE SINGING.......my god it's one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life. I know it's subjective, and I know that there might well be some who would say exactly the same about our music, I can't think that I've ever heard anything quite so anarchic as that.

Secondly that drummer is the only guy who retains any dignity in that band....professional to the end he carries on playing momentarily after this bellend has thrown his guitar at him...god bless him that's quality...then he walks off. Well played. The rest of the band, well what a bunch of complete shithouses. Someone loses their mind like that those guys should have STOPPED him not just watched and meeked out with a "hey man...calm down". Christ what a bunch of pussies.

Third...the crowd. Not one of them seemed to challenge this behaviour. Some deluded moronic idiot shouts 'rock and roll'....stupid cow...if that's rock and roll then I'd want no part of it.

That lead singer has problems and he needs to go get fixed someplace.

It actually angered me more (as you can probably tell) second time round.

Wow, that was crazy! There has to be some off-stage back story between him and the drummer that led up to that.

The drummer showed remarkable restraint in not returning the favor to the stack of Orange amps.

Last edited:
Just watched the longer video of this and a few observations.

Firstly, is it just me, but is this entire band not absolutely A1 awful. The whole thing. The drums, the guitars, THE SINGING.......my god it's one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life. I know it's subjective, and I know that there might well be some who would say exactly the same about our music, I can't think that I've ever heard anything quite so anarchic as that.

Secondly that drummer is the only guy who retains any dignity in that band....professional to the end he carries on playing momentarily after this bellend has thrown his guitar at him...god bless him that's quality...then he walks off. Well played. The rest of the band, well what a bunch of complete shithouses. Someone loses their mind like that those guys should have STOPPED him not just watched and meeked out with a "hey man...calm down". Christ what a bunch of pussies.

Third...the crowd. Not one of them seemed to challenge this behaviour. Some deluded moronic idiot shouts 'rock and roll'....stupid cow...if that's rock and roll then I'd want no part of it.

That lead singer has problems and he needs to go get fixed someplace.

It actually angered me more (as you can probably tell) second time round.

+100!!______________________________

Back