And I got a rack!

I would think you could use any type of metal polish?
Thank you for your response however the reason i asked is because the rack is made of aluminum and has some sort of finish that i would not want to harm. Since you own the rack too, what do you use ?

Thank you for your response however the reason i asked is because the rack is made of aluminum and has some sort of finish that i would not want to harm. Since you own the rack too, what do you use ?

I owned the previous rack, Dr110, for like probably 15 years. It was black, but still aluminium. Because of gigging, the black became all scratched up, but never came off or anything.

You wont hurt the rack unless you abuse it. The more you move your kit around, the more likely it will get scratched, dinged, whatever. That rack is tough. I'd be willing to bet you could throw it off a building and set it up immediately afterwards and it will work no problems.

And even if the coating came completely off, its aluminium, it doesn't rust. It does corrode, but corrosion on aluminium is actually a hardening of the surface and that protects the aluminium from further corrosion.

I owned the previous rack, Dr110, for like probably 15 years. It was black, but still aluminium. Because of gigging, the black became all scratched up, but never came off or anything.

You wont hurt the rack unless you abuse it. The more you move your kit around, the more likely it will get scratched, dinged, whatever. That rack is tough. I'd be willing to bet you could throw it off a building and set it up immediately afterwards and it will work no problems.

And even if the coating came completely off, its aluminium, it doesn't rust. It does corrode, but corrosion on aluminium is actually a hardening of the surface and that protects the aluminium from further corrosion.

Thanks for the information.

TBH - since I bought it new, I haven’t had to clean it. Obviously, the chrome parts you can use any metal polish. But the aluminum parts you can probably use any cleaner since it doesn’t rust. How dirty is your rack? I think I’ve only suffered someone spilling a drink on one of the legs so it got soap and water and a good dry.

TBH - since I bought it new, I haven’t had to clean it. Obviously, the chrome parts you can use any metal polish. But the aluminum parts you can probably use any cleaner since it doesn’t rust. How dirty is your rack? I think I’ve only suffered someone spilling a drink on one of the legs so it got soap and water and a good dry.

Bass player, right? Those guys can’t hold their liquor and by the third set they’re always spilling drinks on stage or stumbling into your kit.

Bass player, right? Those guys can’t hold their liquor and by the third set they’re always spilling drinks on stage or stumbling into your kit.
I think it was the idiotic lead singer who put her drink down next to the rack leg - of course thinking the bouncing riser wouldn’t knock it over!

Another nice thing that you can do with these is use clamps to mount the microphones for playing live. You can probably use a clamp to mount a converted beer can holder as well. A friend of mine had a fan on his. Playing in the Southeastern US that was essential!

Another nice thing that you can do with these is use clamps to mount the microphones for playing live. You can probably use a clamp to mount a converted beer can holder as well. A friend of mine had a fan on his. Playing in the Southeastern US that was essential!
I have those AKG mics that clip to the rims. But that’s a great idea I've seen others do.

Back