A Tempo Advance metronome app question about increasing and decreasing bpm

beatdat

I use the Tempo Advance metronome app on my iPad. It has a useful feature, as do many apps, that allows it to increase/decrease the tempo by a certain amount of beats per minute after a certain amount of time/bars. This is great, but seems limited in that, if I want to increase the tempo and then decrease the tempo, I have to stop the metronome, adjust the bpm accordingly, and then start it again - it's not the time it takes to change the settings that bothers me, but the break in flow from having to always stop playing, even if just for a few seconds, to do so.

What I'd like is to find a way to increase the tempo, and then, without having to stop the metronome and adjust the settings, to automatically start decreasing the tempo. Of course, I'd like to be able to set the bpm and duration parameters, as well.

Can Tempo Advance do that? If so, how? If not, is there an iPad based app that can?

Thanks.

I have also been using that feature of that app forever, and have never seen a way to reverse it automatically.

I have also been using that feature of that app forever, and have never seen a way to reverse it automatically.
I picked up the app on your recommendation here a couple of years ago. Good app, but it's too bad it doesn't have this feature.

Boss metronomes/practice pads with Rhythm Coach have this function.
Nice stuff, but more than what I'm hoping to pay.

Surely, there's an app out there that can do this, no?

Back