Pollyanna’s 10 000 posts award retrospective…

@Skulmoski
@mo2vation
@Gvdadrummasum
@Midnite Zephir
@Pocket-full-of-gold
@MikeM

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments :)

@Netz Ausg - LOL, I have plenty of time then...

sorry so late.

EXCELLENT HONORS !!!!!!!!!!!

she and you both deserve props and you have received them.

i'm sure there are more to come. : )

Grea's safe and well, I just recieved a PM from her this afternoon :)

ah ! Great.

now we're back to Polly's Not Right !!!

a simple Ta-Daaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!! on this thread would appease the restless and bring it home in style.

and we know the gal brings it home in style. : )

Just wanted to say congrats on your 10,000 posts, Grea! You are a real gem here and I look forward to your next 10,000.
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! :)

am i the only one who thinks Anon La Ply is Polly

But how can that be? Anon La Ply doesn't sound a bit like Pollyanna........one begins with an A and the other begins with a P.

Yep, I'm gonna suggest you're the only one I'm afraid.

Boy talk about a suspicious mind......are you still looking for shooters on the grassy knoll, or doubting the moon landings, or convinced that there are little green men running around Area 51 too?

Have you seen much Father Ted? I get the feeling you might quite like it.

Absolutely none. Which is surprising given my love for British comedy. Don't recall that one though.

You wanna know a bit about Polly? there's some interesting infos about her and her playing in the OP, just read on... watch, and listen ...you won't regret it. I promise you that.

Oh gawd no! She strikes me as someone you wouldn't wanna know.

BTW, excellent work in your smiley reduction program ... :)

am i the only one who thinks Anon La Ply is Polly and that she's absconded before her 10,000th just as she said she would ? it would be just like her to do such.

Nope. Like almost everyone else here, I am far more sensible than this Polly character.

Wow! I’d say “get a room,” but I’m not sure where we’d find a room big enough for this love-fest!

I believe this is the room ... and you just walked in during ...

I
50px-Heart.png
Pollyanna .

LOL ... wondering who this fake identity may be.

Yes, and if she doesn't claim her 10,000th post within 48 hours, all celebrations must be revoked. It's a shame really, all that hard work for naught. Let this be a lesson to you, being the green noob that you are.

Oh and welcome to our forum ;p

Thank you for being the only one with the decency to welcome me, Mary. I am but a poor noob in need of understanding as I find my way through this morass of drumming sub cultures. Rest assured, I won't make the same mistake that foolish Polly woman made!

If you count deleted threads, technically she does have 10 grand. So Pol your little coy trick is for naught....

I think posts made in deleted threads are counted. In fact, you could probably take about 300 posts from my, er, Polly's count. She must have posted 20 times on the famous milk thread alone, not to mention the seat belts ...

Just wanted to say congrats on your 10,000 posts, Grea! You are a real gem here and I look forward to your next 10,000.
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! :)

Polly says to say thank you lol

Thank you for being the only one with the decency to welcome me, Mary....

....Rest assured, I won't make the same mistake that foolish Polly woman made!

It's not the first time I'm reffered as a non existent person on this forum... so I'm getting use to it, but I did welcome you Anon, perhaps you're a bit short sighted, or you don't like me?

As far as the same mistake is concerned, the first time I have been treated as a "no one" was by Pollyanna, so... it's a so far, so good scenario eh?

I think posts made in deleted threads are counted. In fact, you could probably take about 300 posts from my, er, Polly's count. She must have posted 20 times on the famous milk thread alone, not to mention the seat belts ...

Wrong dear Anon, when a thread is deleted, whoever posted within the thread will have their post number reduced accordingly, I just lost 11 posts the other day, and I followed accuratly Polly's posts counts for this thread and I can assure you she's lost quite a few posts the last 4-5 months, as I stated in post #2 of this thread, Polly would have reached the 10k milestone over a month ago.

But don't worry, you're a newbie, you soon work out how it is working around here.

Oh, BTW, if you don't fancy checking upon Polly on the OP, it's OK, it's your loss, not mine :)

It's not the first time I'm reffered as a non existent person on this forum... so I'm getting use to it, but I did welcome you Anon

Gosh, sorry ... Henri, is it?
:)

Wrong dear Anon, when a thread is deleted, whoever posted within the thread will have their post number reduced accordingly, I just lost 11 posts the other day, and I followed accuratly Polly's posts counts for this thread and I can assure you she's lost quite a few posts the last 4-5 months, as I stated in post #2 of this thread, Polly would have reached the 10k milestone over a month ago.

I didn't know that. You'd have to be pretty unobservant to not realise that after 10,000 posts, eh?

I, er, she probably had quite a few deleted for potty language and extreme politically incorrect viewpoints as well ...

It's OK, you're forgiven, yes my name's Henri, what's yours?

I didn't know that. You'd have to be pretty unobservant to not realise that after 10,000 posts, eh?

I, er, she probably had quite a few deleted for potty language and extreme politically incorrect viewpoints as well ...

Yes, Lol.

This is a Polly's quote from one of her 9 999 posts:

"At work I have a rep for being politically incorrect, but there's a big difference between calling a spade a spade and calling it a &^%$% piece of $#!% shovel."

So, yes you're probably right :)

You know, you seem like kind of a firecracker. I think perhaps a nickname might be appropriate. Since it appears that Pollyanna has taken her leave of this cesspool, maybe you could take on her old handle? Pol or Polly? I dunno...

YEAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!!! :D

I've been waiting for this thread for a long time!!!! :)

Ok.. Polly, there's a reason why everybody loves you here!! You really are a beautiful person, a witty, funny, real cool girl and of course our undisputed Queen and Drummerworld Goddess. I don't have beer right now but I promise I'll buy one tomorrow and celebrate in your name. (if you actually get to 10.000!!!!) LOL (I just see 9.999!). :p

And Henri... Congrats man, this was one hell of a tribute, very emotional, funny, well written.. you, my friend, not only are a great person but also a damn GENIUS !!!! :)

I guess I'll be drinking beer in your name too!!! Haha. :D

Congrats to both of you!! People like you guys make this [drummer]world a better place to live!! :)
THANKS!!!

Cheers!!!

This may be a hint from the My Music signature......

Hosted on: sangrea.net

I think anyone with 10,000 posts would have to qualify as a pest.

And I am glad to know that I too am a pest.

Last edited:
Lazy Slightly Wobbly Drummer Woman, This is your life.

Gosh.

Henri, can you imagine how surreal it is for me to read all this? I'm not very emotional so I'm not crying, I'm smiling :)

Thanks heaps for this, Henri. You're amazing! Always generous, organised, creative and everything is done with grace and good intent - like your drumming. You do you realise that now you have to do one of these for The Mayor haha

Thanks to the rest of you who joined in Henri's Grand Conspiracy.

Funny thing ... they always say that online friends aren't real but it's not so cut and dried. A new world. More ways of relating. Having said that, as soon as I'm able I want to have a couple of holidays to meet you guys - one American and one European. It'll be a hoot.

This is a fun place you created, Bernhard! A good vibe with lots of uninhibited eccentricity. Great stuff. I've greatly enjoyed the friendship, knowledge, creativity, insights, reality checks, advice, well placed kicks in the bum, kookiness and, of course, humour.

Um ... I feel like at this stage I should close the coffin lid again and let you get on with the ceremony :)

I will get to that video when I can - hey, this is like Christmas!

seriously? Stopping at 9999? That's funny..... Of course if you answer this, never mind.

You know, you seem like kind of a firecracker. I think perhaps a nickname might be appropriate. Since it appears that Pollyanna has taken her leave of this cesspool, maybe you could take on her old handle? Pol or Polly? I dunno...

Not a cracker, just cracked.

Ok.. Polly, there's a reason why everybody loves you here!! You really are a beautiful person, a witty, funny, real cool girl and of course our undisputed Queen and Drummerworld Goddess. I don't have beer right now but I promise I'll buy one tomorrow and celebrate in your name. (if you actually get to 10.000!!!!) LOL (I just see 9.999!). :p

Thanks Diego (on behalf of Pol, of course). Better keep your beer on ice - for a loooong time :)

This may be a hint from the My Music signature......

Hosted on: sangrea.net

I think anyone with 10,000 posts would have to qualify as a pest.

And I am glad to know that I too am a pest.

Of course you are, GD :) You and that *ptui!* Pollyanna leave your droppings all over the forum like over-enthusiastic dogs!

Uh-oh....did we scare Polly away now?

I think she is toying with us now......(Anon?)

Yes and yes ...

seriously? Stopping at 9999? That's funny..... Of course if you answer this, never mind.

9,999 will have to be it.

It's like the Y2K bug ... 5 figures are not possible because I'm missing the extra digit (GD, of course, does have that extra digit ... I assume :)

But how can that be? Anon La Ply doesn't sound a bit like Pollyanna........one begins with an A and the other begins with a P.
Anonymous Lady Pollyanna, perhaps ????​

.... are you still looking for shooters on the grassy knoll
Nope, all the shooters dispersed rather quickly ....​
or doubting the moon landings
Pretty sure those were real, being my father worked on the moon landers (LEM's)​
or convinced that there are little green men running around Area 51 too?
No running for those fella's .... they were quite dead, by the time they got to Nevada. Oh, and they're really more grey, than green.​

Back