What's your latest purchase?

Nice! This is something that’s on my radar...
Make it happen, JB. You will not regret it. The sound is extraordinaire. It's one of those cymbals you can ride and crash on, while enjoying the rich sound of a China/Swish. It truly is the most musical cymbal I have ever played.

A Ludwig Black Magic 6.5 x 14" - awesome drum, so far I'm very happy with it. Got it used for a great price!

Great snares. Mine is my main snare. I just picked up an Evans UV1 for it (my first try on this head, hope Ben was right!) (EDIT: Love it!)

Last edited:
Canopus neo-vintage kit that I found at the Canopus shop in Tokyo. Non-standard lugs and a lacquer finish. Sounds amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 703
Picked up this very nice 6.5' x 14" Unix Steambent curly maple snare drum.
This builder is really stepping up their game these days. They even offer steambent kits !!!

Attachments

• Unix.jpg
    Unix.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 815
Pinstripes heads in 13, 16 and 18.
I prefer Emperors by far, but the drummer who's playing for me prefers Pinstripes.

This week I bought a Mapex Tomahawk steel snare and a Saban AAX X-plosion Crash. Peace and goodwill.

Attachments

• 100_0464.JPG
    100_0464.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 100_0463.JPG
    100_0463.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 761
I bought a Gretsch yesterday! 1981 stop sign badge: 14x10, 16x16, 18x18, 24x14 and a Gold Series bell brass snare. My dad and I had a booth for Corvettes at Carlisle this weekend and I found this kit on craigslist in West Virginia for a price I couldn't pass up, so I made a point to take the long way home. They're going to get some fresh heads and a little polishing tonight.

HacgyQ1.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendations for some spurs for this kick? It has two wimpy things that go through the shell on the batter side, and one vertical spike on the front hoop, and I really just don't trust it.

Last edited:
Swap heads and put the wimpy thing on the reso side. With the pedal in the back and the spurs in front it shouldn't move. I assume the bass drum is vrigin.

The kick has a tom mount on the top, but I didn't get the tom arm with the drums. I ended up removing the original spurs and installed a set of Ludwig Atlas spurs on there since I didn't want to drill anything. Working great so far, but this weekend's gigs will be the true test.

I got a 50's reissue P bass and an 8 x 10 Ampeg SVT and a Genzler 800 watt class D bass amp.

I bought it for therapeutic purposes. I tune to A=432 and bask in the pants shaking bliss.

Attachments

• precision.jpg
    precision.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 702
  • SVT-810E_LG.jpg
    SVT-810E_LG.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 702
  • Magellan-800_img-01.jpg
    Magellan-800_img-01.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 705
Handle for a Fibes SFT690 throw.

Attachments