Anyone suggest good drum bags?

Are you sure it's the AAA? Just your choice of the term "bag" rather than "case" leads me to imaging something floppy rather than something rigid like a hard case.

Well, they call all of their bags "cases", and even the regular ones are semi-rigid (way more so than the Gator/Beato/etc bags). I can't really squash mine up and stuff it into another bag like I can with my Gator bags that I have for the toms.

I do take back what I said earlier, I looked at it last night and while the zippers have the "AAA" logo on them, the case itself has the blue and white regular patch and not the red and white AAA patch on it. It's still about 100 times more durable and better constructed than a Gator/Beato/etc bag. I plan on replacing my Gator bags with these cases.

I mainly use Protection Racket.
I have an Ahead bag and it is really nice.
I also have a set of SKB bags that were purchased new for $100 shipped on EBay.

The Beato Pro1 are probably the best bags made- pricey but worth the cash .

another HUGE endorsement of the H&B Drum Seeker bags!

Another here too. I originally purchased them as H&B bags are made in USA, only to find out these are made in China. One anomaly in the stitching on one of six bags I own - does not affect the functionality; the zip pulls are metal and don't jump the zip chain; semi rigid top and bottom stack well when travelling. The heavy pile lining and construction do not make it easy to nest the empty bags in a single bass drum bag for storage at home. But, I'm not "jumpy" when guitarists help roadie my gear ;-).

Well, they call all of their bags "cases", and even the regular ones are semi-rigid (way more so than the Gator/Beato/etc bags). I can't really squash mine up and stuff it into another bag like I can with my Gator bags that I have for the toms.

I do take back what I said earlier, I looked at it last night and while the zippers have the "AAA" logo on them, the case itself has the blue and white regular patch and not the red and white AAA patch on it. It's still about 100 times more durable and better constructed than a Gator/Beato/etc bag. I plan on replacing my Gator bags with these cases.
Ah, got you :) Yes, the regular bags are much more substantial than most. The AAA rigid cases are just that - completely rigid. Think of them in terms of an externally padded fleece lined hard case, but half the weight.

I Have mixed brand bags that ive bought on ebay at different times. Tuxedo,protection ratchet are both very good.But i have to give the nod to the Drum seeker Bags. The inside of the bag is top shelf, makes it my favorite.Cant go wrong with these 3.You get what you pay for.........

I am a "mildly" gigging drummer -- use the bags once or twice a month, but not every weekend. I have mostly H&B tuxedos, but also have a Beato for my 14x24 bass and a H&B Drumseeker for my 5x14 snare and for my cymbals. I'm happy with all of them. Mind you, I mostly "schlep" (carry) my own stuff, so rough handling is not an issue. When I do get help, it's gentle (my lead guitarist also trusts me handling his $12K (!) PRS in his semi-hard SKB case). Owning mostly "Tuxedo" cases, it is nice that all my cases easily compress to fit into my bass drum bag. But, yeah, the Drumseeker bag does "load" easier, as the faux-sheepskin pyle help it hold the shape a little better.

Those AAA Protection Racket soft cases are AWESOME. I have three but they cost me quite a chunk of change to get them. The Protection Racket regular bags are the best soft bags I've run across. I have tons of them. I also own some of the H&B Drum Seeker bags which are so well made. The long handles, however, just don't make sense to me as the drum bangs the ground if my arm is fully extended.

Referring to "good" female drummers as "drum bags" is not a very nice way to refer to them !!!

Shame on you !! ( Unless you are not familiar with English slang !!)

I have a set of Ultimate Support soft cases that have worked great for me. Supplemented that with Gator bags which also seem to be well built. Both are well padded and have a strong nylon type canvas. The nice thing is that they can all nest in the bass drum bag when not in use. Great when at a venue with little room for support equipment.

Here is a thread on them: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88422

I have a Galaxy (Humes & Berg) 14x14 that I quite like. Reasonably priced. Seems durable enough for my needs so far. Would buy more.

Ah, got you :) Yes, the regular bags are much more substantial than most. The AAA rigid cases are just that - completely rigid. Think of them in terms of an externally padded fleece lined hard case, but half the weight.

I asked Tony and Shane up in Portsmouth about these. They contacted the US Distributor who told them they aren't being offered in the states. Not being in the drum bag business I can't imagine why we can't get them here.
I'd buy two complete sets tomorrow if we could.

sorry...not intending on hijacking your thread. The Humes and Berg Drumseeker bags are indeed very good, just not the best out there.

I asked Tony and Shane up in Portsmouth about these. They contacted the US Distributor who told them they aren't being offered in the states. Not being in the drum bag business I can't imagine why we can't get them here.
I'd buy two complete sets tomorrow if we could.

sorry...not intending on hijacking your thread. The Humes and Berg Drumseeker bags are indeed very good, just not the best out there.

I would speculate that the AAA bags are not available here in the states due to a cost vs. profit issue to get the large rigid bags over the big pond. A regular Protection Racket case folds and ships a bit easier.

I have SKB cases for the majority of my drums. In the studio I keep all my snares in cloth bags. Several of my snare drums came with Ahead bags and the other half I put in Protection Racket Cases. In my opinion, the Ahead bags have a slight advantage if you have larger strainers or hardware that protrudes out from the shell. They're a bit roomier. But overall I give my nod to Protection Racket bags for better construction build and quality.

I have SKB cases for the majority of my drums. In the studio I keep all my snares in cloth bags. Several of my snare drums came with Ahead bags and the other half I put in Protection Racket Cases. In my opinion, the Ahead bags have a slight advantage if you have larger strainers or hardware that protrudes out from the shell. They're a bit roomier. But overall I give my nod to Protection Racket bags for better construction build and quality.

I agree. The regular PR bags are good because they provide 90% of the protection of a hard case with the durable materials, build quality, and added padding inside of the bag, while still being able to "squeeze" into a cramped hatchback. Hard cases are extremely durable, and if I was on the road for weeks/months at a time then I would think that they would be a must, but for schlepping your drums around from the house to the gig and back the PR bags are probably the best bag for the buck overall.

Ahead bags are also pretty great. I have their medium sized Armor hardware bag/sled combo and that thing is extremely tank-like (I can attest that I know from experience, having been part of crew in an armored Infantry fighting vehicle!). The bags have that teardrop shape that is really cool for odd shaped RIMS, snare throw-offs, or other bulky mounting hardware.

I own the H&B drumseeker bags, got them for my acrylics, durable,heavy duty zippers and nice padding. great bags for the price.

Bonzolead

Protection racket and Beato Pro, the Beato pro is waterproof too.

I have the Kaces HD series. I don't know if they are available any more, but they are fantastic. Good hardware, they fit suspension mounts well, and they feature a heavy, semi rigid padding that protects against virtually any reasonable impact or stacking incidents. They won't collapse for storage, that's the closest I have to a negative point.

Another vote for Protection Racket from my end. Every time I get a new drum or piece of equipment I just go ahead and buy the matching P.R. case.

I will say that after years of lugging my kick drum around one of the handles has become loose but it still works fine and is the only rip or tear on any of the cases.

Another vote for the Protection Racket cases.

I usually go by car to gigs so hard cases are a bit too big for the car. I tried the cheapest Pro Racket bag the Nutcase. It's brilliant for its price and I can get a 24x20 BD in the 24" case.

I've used a Big Dog snare bag for about 10 years and it's as good as new.

Back