O Rly Drummerworld...

If they wanted young men, they would be cougars. Since they apparently don't want young men, they must want rich men (which would make them something else). As someone who went though their 40's single, there are a lot of women out there who feel like they put their lives on hold for a family and now it's their turn. Combine that with the "Sex and The City" entitlement to behave like Charlie Sheen and you have web sites devoted to these women. Some of which may actually look like that.

At least I found out about bamboo sticks from those banners. Hoping some folks check them out at NAMM and report back. $12 a pair is kind of steep (especially for something that's supposed to be easier to grow than hickory or maple) but I'm interested in some light 5As that have the weight of a jazz stick.

Google ads usually say a lot more about your browsing habits than they do about the site they get displayed on.

Currently my ad banner is totally blank... I must had a brain wash :)

... or I use AdBlock, which is nice, no ad anywhere, not even at the beginning of YT video.

I've heard about that, but I'm actually really good at tuning things out, and I never even see the ads in the first place unless I'm looking on purpose. I've never clicked an ad in my life.

And Aeolian, that's exactly what most men want. They sure don't care for easygoing tomboyish women drummers interested in the arts and philosophy :p

Noooo, despite feigned protests many blokes actually want the mindless princess nonsense - the preening, the fussing, the dramas - that's what gets them excited. So they shrug and say "Viva la difference" and later complain bitterly when they deal with dramas and fork out heaps in alimony and tell everyone what evil Jezebels women are. Such is the price of superficiality.

Didn't know there were bamboo sticks, Aeo - sounds interesting!

http://www.bosodrumsticks.com/

Popped up a few times (possible because I was searching for some ?uestlove sticks) and once I went to the site, it pops up constantly. I'm not sure what "natural reformed bamboo" is. There's about 150 square feet of bamboo patch on the riverbank behind my house so I could conceivably make my own. There's a thread about them in the Sticks section but I haven't seen any real user reports yet.

Thanks. $12 you say? Either they've gone up or the site tells gives a price of $14.50 for Aussie connections.

Just ordered three pairs. With shipping that's $58.60. That's still cheaper than regular stick prices at Billy Hyde's before they closed down. Ordered natural 7As, the lightest ones you can get - and they'd be enviro friendly too if they weren't being shipped halfway across the world :)

Weird, I've never seen those kinds of ads before...usually the ones I see are either about food or gadgets...both which I like besides drumming ;)

I've heard about that, but I'm actually really good at tuning things out, and I never even see the ads in the first place unless I'm looking on purpose. I've never clicked an ad in my life.

Except that big, red record button, huh?

Because it matters. When it's on, any little mistake is "forever". Ads on a webpage are just not something I focus on.

I am the same way with that record button. I see nothing but BOSO ads for those new bamboo drumsticks. Just depends where i browse to.

By the way, I don't see ads AT ALL!? What do I do wrong? Or, I mean,
what do you do wrong :)??

I don't see ads at all on my phone, but on the PC I do. I would say that it mostly depends on the kind of web browser being utilized.

Last edited:
Back