hi-hat

1. The Minifig Drummer

Horrible Hi-Hats

So I recently bought my first drum set off of Craigslist ( used ) and the hi-hats... Sound awful I don't know if its me, incorrect assembly, or bad/cheap cymbals but was just looking for some advice especially since I don't have deep pockets to go spending on some 2002 15" Paiste Hats ( if...
  2. KenDoken

Paiste formula 602 hihats

Something has snapped and I have purchased another broken cymbal The cracks are a bit angry looking but anecdote tells me they have done thier cracking and are now stable. I have marked the cracks so can keep an eye on them and get on with playing them
  3. S

DW Pro-Hat with Incremental Clutch Review

I just purchased the DWSM9212 Pro-Hat auxiliary hi-hat arm and at first I thought nothing of it until I learned about this Incremental Clutch! Anyone with a secondary hi-hat attachment should seriously check out this clutch! It is awesome!!!
  4. B

Tip / Shank method on hi-hat...up to speed?

Here was me thinking that I was getting somewhere and that I could actually play drums when I realised that I struggle with what is probably a very fundamental skill. In listening (and playing along) to a song which is a little funky - playing quarters on the hi-hat - I realise that the drummer...
  5. D

how to get drum product out there

Hi All I am Doug and I am a new member, I have been drumming for over 25 years. thanks for having me I have a new product for drummers which every drummer will want, I have a prototype but do not know where to start to get it manufactured. I have contacted a few drum companies like Pearl and...
  6. Cacaphony

Meinl Byzance Mini Hi-Hat? Anyone play these?

I'm looking for some smaller, lower volume hihats to use in an acoustic hip-hop band. Would these fit the bill? I have a 16" Meinl Byzance thin crash that I love, and I'm assuming these would compliment that nicely. My current hihats are *ughh* 13" B8 Pro's. They're too loud and clangy for what...
  7. T

Hi Hat Control

Hey recently i have been working alot on getting my left foot to be completely independent in working the hi hat pedal...i was just wondering if u guys had any exercises u guys do to work on your left leg independence that u can share with me and any other drummers looking to improve their hi...
Back