Yamaha Live Oak going away this Fall

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Yamaha will be introducing a new line of Oak drums after Fall of 2018. I believe cost to manufacture current Live Oak may have something to do with it.

Replacement oak drums already in the works and artist in the know are pretty excited about them.

Is it a good time to buy a used LC or should I wait until the next one comes out? Though I doubt it will drop in price, they're very nicely made drums.

I had the Live Customs and they are great drums. Sound great and very well made. I also play the older Oak Custom, those are great too, not as heavy. I'm sure the new ones will be very well made too and sound great.

The Live Custom could be hard to get in the future. Some pretty good deals out there if you look.

I had the Live Customs and they are great drums. Sound great and very well made. I also play the older Oak Custom, those are great too, not as heavy. I'm sure the new ones will be very well made too and sound great.

The Live Custom could be hard to get in the future. Some pretty good deals out there if you look.

I'm on the lookout every day, best offer is 4 piece for 1100 euros. Not very compelling...

There are other cheaper ones but they come with the 20" kick with 14" FT. Why get oak drums when you're going to use smaller sizes?

with factores in three Asian countries they should be able to find one that can work for less. Will await their arrival.

I'm on the lookout every day, best offer is 4 piece for 1100 euros. Not very compelling...

There are other cheaper ones but they come with the 20" kick with 14" FT. Why get oak drums when you're going to use smaller sizes?

Love the 20 and 14, raise that 20 with a lift and it really resonates. Good luck with your decision.

As a LiveCustom owner I'm sure all of us that do own these kits would have appreciated a heads up 6months - year ago that the colours/models were going to be discontinued. Think of all the 8" toms, 18" floor toms and second bass drums that would have been ordered, knowing we wouldn't be able to get them in the future. Yamaha would have created a demand where there otherwise wasn't one. 'Order now before they are gone forever'. Now instead we are unable to add to our kits and Yamaha drums is unlikely to get any more of our money.
Maybe Yamaha thought we'd sell our LiveCustom kits and buy this new one (Not!).
You missed a great opportunity to sell more drums, make your current customers happy and most likely retain them into the future.

Yamaha, we (your customers) have many choices in Drum Manufacturers who provide many different types of wood, sizes and color options, try not to forget that when you Out Of The Blue discontinue your next model.

Sorry for the rant and to all that don't share my opinion.
Frustrated Yamaha Electric & Acoustic drum owner.

As a LiveCustom owner I'm sure all of us that do own these kits would have appreciated a heads up 6months - year ago that the colours/models were going to be discontinued. Think of all the 8" toms, 18" floor toms and second bass drums that would have been ordered, knowing we wouldn't be able to get them in the future. Yamaha would have created a demand where there otherwise wasn't one. 'Order now before they are gone forever'. Now instead we are unable to add to our kits and Yamaha drums is unlikely to get any more of our money.
Maybe Yamaha thought we'd sell our LiveCustom kits and buy this new one (Not!).
You missed a great opportunity to sell more drums, make your current customers happy and most likely retain them into the future.

Yamaha, we (your customers) have many choices in Drum Manufacturers who provide many different types of wood, sizes and color options, try not to forget that when you Out Of The Blue discontinue your next model.

Sorry for the rant and to all that don't share my opinion.
Frustrated Yamaha Electric & Acoustic drum owner.

I agree with you 100%.

Back