DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #121  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:01 PM
BacteriumFendYoke's Avatar
BacteriumFendYoke BacteriumFendYoke is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canterbury. The One With the Cathedral.
Posts: 6,351
Default Re: Amedia Antique 20in Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumbagirl View Post
Picked up this cymbal at the Chicago Drum Show this weekend. It's pretty heavy and sounds best in an acoustic room (vs carpetted). It's supposedly Turkish company. Paid $228 for it. I like the wire-wheel finish - looks like they took a drill with a wire-wheel bit, and went over the entire cymbal front and back (although carefully paying attention to direction so as to affect a spiral pattern toward the bell).
I like the way it looks AND sounds...

I've played quite a few Amedia's, courtesy of Andy. Went to one of their exhibitions once too (nice, small affair) and the cymbals were lovely. A couple of years ago at the London Drum Show, there was a beautiful 21" ride and that was snapped up very quickly.
__________________
PEWFLADCC
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 PM
New Tricks New Tricks is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,095
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Memorial Day $15 off purchase of $75 or more OR $50 off purchase of $299 or more OR $150 off purchase of $799 or more offer


I was thinking about making a sizable purchase at GC to take advantage of this seemingly great sale. I clicked on the "details" and found a few exclusions :) :(


Products from the following manufacturers do not qualify for this offer:
3 Monkeys Amps, 3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Akai Professional, AKG, Alesis, Allen & Heath, Alto, Altus, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Axl, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, Bad Cat, BAM, BeatKangz, Beats By Dre, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Budda, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Courtois, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, ddrum, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond Amplification, Diezel, DigiTech, Dime Amplification, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Dunnett, Drum Workshop, Earthquaker Devices, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, EMMA Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Evil Robot, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amps, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focal, Focusrite, Fox, Friedman, Fryette, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, Harden Engineering, Harman, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jaz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, Kemper, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Laney, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, M-Audio, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblac, Matchless Amps, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, MOTU, Music Man, MusicXPC, N-Tune, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, Numark, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Paiste, Parker Guitars, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perris, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-N-Soc, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Soldano, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Sonivox, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, Splawn, SWR, T-REX Engineering, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Tascam, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Toca, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, W. Nirschl, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex Effects
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-23-2014, 04:40 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,594
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andissarian View Post
Hi All!

This is my first post to DrummerWorld, so Hi to everyone on here! :)

Back to topic, here is my latest purchase, my Noble & Cooley Solid Oak "Atomic Age" Kit! Let me know what you think!

Daren Metz
Welcome! Great kit :-)

In case anyone is interested (who wouldn't be!?! 'comon!) I just got 6 more pair of Regal Tip Quantam 1000 nylon sticks.
I take the ball tips off.
They have a nice "nub" style tip under the nylon. It gets great rebound, and cool sound for one of my bands, and is comfortable, with the solid sound I want when I play them butt ended in my 2 other bands.
I tried the wood tip version, but I like the tip-less way better.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-23-2014, 05:48 PM
mikel mikel is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Midlands. England.
Posts: 2,266
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Bought a 1980s Premier XPK, in red lacquer, last week, and have spent the week renovating and restoring.
Yesterday got my new Emperor batters and Ambassador resos, and today my new Yamaha lightweight hardware arrived. Boy those stands are smooth. I will be playing it tomorrow morning. Cant wait.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Andissarian Andissarian is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
Welcome! Great kit :-)

In case anyone is interested (who wouldn't be!?! 'comon!) I just got 6 more pair of Regal Tip Quantam 1000 nylon sticks.
I take the ball tips off.
They have a nice "nub" style tip under the nylon. It gets great rebound, and cool sound for one of my bands, and is comfortable, with the solid sound I want when I play them butt ended in my 2 other bands.
I tried the wood tip version, but I like the tip-less way better.
Thank you my friend and much respect to you!! I will post more pics if you guys want!

D
N&C
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:08 AM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,836
Default Re: Amedia Antique 20in Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumbagirl View Post
Picked up this cymbal at the Chicago Drum Show this weekend. It's pretty heavy and sounds best in an acoustic room (vs carpetted). It's supposedly Turkish company. Paid $228 for it.
Great cymbal - great price, & yes, they are hand made in Turkey.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Duck Tape's Avatar
Duck Tape Duck Tape is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,484
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Haven't picked up the tickets yet but I got a flight to the US in mid-July. :D :D

Replaced under warranty but new toys nonetheless; Hercules stands.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Watch a purdie shuffle here!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPmH1wrSiQ
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 05-26-2014, 02:39 AM
adamosmianski adamosmianski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 267
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

I just ordered a 22" K Constantinople Medium Thin-Low today. Should be here in about a week. Can't wait.
__________________
Check out That Drum Blog - drumming and more
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 05-26-2014, 02:46 AM
adamosmianski adamosmianski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 267
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
I just bought a Tama/Camco reissue pedal the other day.

My goodness, where has this pedal been my whole life? It's so light and fast. Not many bells and whistles, just a nice solid pedal.

I'm glad I scored one. After looking around the interwebs, it seems it's already discontinued and pretty much unavailable everywhere. That didn't take long...

I wonder why they were only available for such a short time. I would love to score another one for the practice kit.
Man, that was the first bass drum pedal I ever had, and I STILL use it. They're the best. you don't need all this heavy duty stuff they have nowadays. There's quite a few of them on ebay if you're really looking to get another one.
__________________
Check out That Drum Blog - drumming and more
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 05-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Pyromaniac777's Avatar
Pyromaniac777 Pyromaniac777 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 578
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Just ordered some coated G1 tom heads (12" and 16") and Vic Firth American Classic 55A wood tip sticks.
__________________
Pyromaniac777
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 05-26-2014, 05:31 PM
rhumbagirl's Avatar
rhumbagirl rhumbagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 286
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andissarian View Post
Hi All!

This is my first post to DrummerWorld, so Hi to everyone on here! :)

Back to topic, here is my latest purchase, my Noble & Cooley Solid Oak "Atomic Age" Kit! Let me know what you think!

Daren Metz
Nice kit and welcome to the forum! I always like to meet the pros on here. Who are you currently working with, and have you visited the Your Place area of the forum? Alot of people post their playing snips there, some semi-professionally produced, some with just a cell phone, and all the inbetweens.

Steph
__________________
Right handed, traditional grip, jazz player
Pearl Reference kit with Pearl rack
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 05-26-2014, 05:37 PM
TopHat TopHat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

15" UFIP Class Medium Hi hats
Heil PR40 and 3 Heil PR31 mikes
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 05-26-2014, 08:31 PM
RickP's Avatar
RickP RickP is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,472
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Just ordered a 6 x 14 Walnut stave snare drum for. Salem Street drums. Triple flange hoops, tube lugs, Trick strainer, Puresound equalizer snares and Evans 360 heads, gloss lacquer finish. The prices from them are very reasonable for a custom shop.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 05-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

A beautiful Spectrum Ride! This is the best allround ride I can imagine at the moment!
Not the best photo, but...:
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 05-26-2014, 10:15 PM
GruntersDad's Avatar
GruntersDad GruntersDad is offline
Administrator - Mayor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gulf Coast Seminole, Florida
Posts: 22,331
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Tricks View Post
Memorial Day $15 off purchase of $75 or more OR $50 off purchase of $299 or more OR $150 off purchase of $799 or more offer


I was thinking about making a sizable purchase at GC to take advantage of this seemingly great sale. I clicked on the "details" and found a few exclusions :) :(


Products from the following manufacturers do not qualify for this offer:
3 Monkeys Amps, 3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Akai Professional, AKG, Alesis, Allen & Heath, Alto, Altus, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Axl, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, Bad Cat, BAM, BeatKangz, Beats By Dre, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Budda, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Courtois, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, ddrum, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond Amplification, Diezel, DigiTech, Dime Amplification, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Dunnett, Drum Workshop, Earthquaker Devices, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, EMMA Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Evil Robot, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amps, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focal, Focusrite, Fox, Friedman, Fryette, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, Harden Engineering, Harman, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jaz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, Kemper, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Laney, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, M-Audio, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblac, Matchless Amps, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, MOTU, Music Man, MusicXPC, N-Tune, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, Numark, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Paiste, Parker Guitars, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perris, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-N-Soc, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Soldano, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Sonivox, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, Splawn, SWR, T-REX Engineering, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Tascam, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Toca, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, W. Nirschl, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex Effects
They do the same thing every year. It's such a joke. Looks like Evans and Vic Firth and Vater are good if you need 75.00 worth of heads or sticks
__________________
Johnny. Pictured left to right, Bermuda, Weird Al, Grunt.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Arky's Avatar
Arky Arky is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,027
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

It's been a while that I've bought something drum related. Got some new stuff at the weekend. Nothing special, just peanuts:

- 40 Stagg cymbal felts (primarily for my DIY bells/chimes)
- Pro Mark Benny Greb signature sticks (pretty much the same dimensions/shape than my favourite sticks, the Pro Mark Todd Sucherman signatures but hickory instead of maple -> too heavy for my hands but ok for more practice workout)
- Slap Klatz damper gel (2 larger, 2 smaller chunks) - work great but I cut one of the smaller one in half and it was already enough to tame my Sonor snare to where it sounds alright to me.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Mike_L's Avatar
Mike_L Mike_L is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 83
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Picked this toy up for $500 new in the box. (Gotta love having a Guitar Center employee in the band!)

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-27-2014, 03:20 AM
jbonzo1's Avatar
jbonzo1 jbonzo1 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The Keystone State
Posts: 884
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Picked this up last week.
Pearl Ultracast 6.5x14, 3mm cast aluminum shell. Very dry, wood-like tone. Swapped the snares for light gauge, chromed generics. Very nice drum.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Andissarian Andissarian is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumbagirl View Post
Nice kit and welcome to the forum! I always like to meet the pros on here. Who are you currently working with, and have you visited the Your Place area of the forum? Alot of people post their playing snips there, some semi-professionally produced, some with just a cell phone, and all the inbetweens.

Steph
Hi Steph!

I think its easier to post some links on what I am up to! I will also visit the Your Place section and post on there as well! Thank you for the heads up! :)

DM

N&C

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?p...&showartist=71
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Vintage Old School's Avatar
Vintage Old School Vintage Old School is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,085
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Just arrived this morning. A commission order from Carolina Drumworks: 6.5 X 14" single ply walnut. Amazing sound and craftsmanship! This is destined to become my "go to" snare drum.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-30-2014, 10:28 PM
Blisco Blisco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 464
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andissarian View Post
Thank you my friend and much respect to you!! I will post more pics if you guys want!

D
N&C
We do but this isn't the place for it. Start a new thread.

Just got a new pair of Westone UM3 PRO IEM's to replace my 10 year old UM2's. Smokin hot deal so I can't wait to hear what I've been missing all these years with triple drivers.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:28 PM
ianjphil ianjphil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 71
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

I already posted this in the Show Off Your Sonor's, but..

I just picked up a brand new set of Sonor S Classix!

My main setup so far is:

12 x 9 Rack Tom
14 x 14 Floor Tom
20 x 17.5 Bass Drum

But it also came with:

16 x 16 Floor Tom
22 x 17.5 Bass Drum

Love this kit! Never thought I would own a set of Birch drums, but they sound amazing! So much clarity, and tone for days.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-31-2014, 08:34 PM
TopHat TopHat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Wow that's a sweet Sonor.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-31-2014, 08:35 PM
TopHat TopHat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

UFIP 14" Original Series Medium hats, UFIP 14" Experience Series Hats (Class Brilliant)
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Duck Tape's Avatar
Duck Tape Duck Tape is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,484
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
UFIP 14" Original Series Medium hats, UFIP 14" Experience Series Hats (Class Brilliant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
15" UFIP Class Medium Hi hats
Heil PR40 and 3 Heil PR31 mikes
They don't call you 'tophat' for nothing. :)

Trying to save for 'Murica but had to replace the coilpacks and air filter in my S15 silvia. Pretty boring.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Watch a purdie shuffle here!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFPmH1wrSiQ
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
New Tricks New Tricks is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,095
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

I needed two inputs for my stage monitor so, instead of dragging 100 pounds of powered monitors to the gig, I picked up this 6" X 12", 7 pound wonder.

Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
Trying to save for 'Murica but had to replace the coilpacks and air filter in my S15 silvia. Pretty boring.
Nah, the S15 Silvia is a cool ride. My non musical boring purchase of late was a new front end for the wife's car. A suicide deer jumped out in front of her. She now has new head lights, turn signals, header panel, and grill. The car looks like a car again.
__________________
Grease or The Bird, which is it? Someone please tell me, what is the d@mn word?
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-02-2014, 03:42 AM
TopHat TopHat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
They don't call you 'tophat' for nothing. :)

Trying to save for 'Murica but had to replace the coilpacks and air filter in my S15 silvia. Pretty boring.
I've now completed my hi hat collection:

14 UFIP Natural, Original, Extatic, Brilliant, Bionic
15 UFIP Class, Natural top to use with the Class bottom

And my final two cymbal purchases for the year, a 22 UFIP Bravo Medium Ride, and a 21 Experience Vintage Collector Ride in the Bionic Finish
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Andissarian Andissarian is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisco View Post
We do but this isn't the place for it. Start a new thread.

Just got a new pair of Westone UM3 PRO IEM's to replace my 10 year old UM2's. Smokin hot deal so I can't wait to hear what I've been missing all these years with triple drivers.
Well, thank you there Mr. Blisco......

DM
N&C
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 PM
cbphoto's Avatar
cbphoto cbphoto is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Möbius Strip
Posts: 975
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Tama Starphonic Aluminum. I never thought a beer can snare could sound so good.
Attached Images
 
__________________
~ CB
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 06-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Dr_Watso's Avatar
Dr_Watso Dr_Watso is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,729
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
Tama Starphonic Aluminum. I never thought a beer can snare could sound so good.
Wow, that's a sexy drum.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
HipshotPercussion's Avatar
HipshotPercussion HipshotPercussion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Posts: 447
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

This piece of junk. It's sold on NewEgg as a tablet clamp/mount that will fit on a microphone stand or cymbal stand so you can see your playlist at the gig and/or connect an e-kit via USB or midi and play with the sounds.

Not only does the clamp part not lock into place, the attachment arm doesn't fit most cymbal stands and when I tried to attach it to something that was the right size - an accessory rod - the screw stripped. The thing is worthless. I'm waiting to hear back from NewEgg about it now.

__________________
Hipshot Percussion
DW Collectors
"You can't have too big a dream - or too many drums."
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 06-04-2014, 12:11 AM
rhumbagirl's Avatar
rhumbagirl rhumbagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 286
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Just completed an ebay transaction for a brand new Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface, XLR cables, and the Shure DMK57-52 mic kit...$800 and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focusrite-Sc...ec355#payCntId

The seller looks legit:

http://www.uniquesquared.com/

I'm so pleased this part of the research is over with :) This is going to take me to a new level in my playing AND my videos!!! Watch out Andre!!

Steph
__________________
Right handed, traditional grip, jazz player
Pearl Reference kit with Pearl rack
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 06-04-2014, 01:11 AM
TopHat TopHat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
Wow, that's a sexy drum.
Its all kinds of sexy, for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Magenta's Avatar
Magenta Magenta is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gwlad Cymru
Posts: 3,208
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Great to do business again with Cymbalise at the Manchester Drum Show yesterday :) BEAUTIFUL 16" crash.

And I have a couple of pairs of 8As to try now. Pellwood, a brand I hadn't heard of, but they seem just right for me.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Thinly veiled angel

Ladies & gentlemen, I've suffered for my art. Now it's your turn (Neil Innes)

Last edited by Magenta; 06-14-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 06-09-2014, 12:50 PM
JustJames's Avatar
JustJames JustJames is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 3,133
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Tasty Madge!

How is it to play?
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 06-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Magenta's Avatar
Magenta Magenta is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gwlad Cymru
Posts: 3,208
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
How is it to play?
Haven't played it properly yet, I'm working at the moment :( but it has a lovely bright sound - almost sparkly!

I was pretty sure I wanted it, but to be on the safe side I went to a different manufacturer's stand to see whether there was anything there that I liked better. There might have been, but the salesman completely ignored me and only spoke to my male companion, even when the latter indicated that I was the customer, not him. So I went back to Cymbalise where I felt considerably more welcome, and bought myself a cymbal.
__________________
Thinly veiled angel

Ladies & gentlemen, I've suffered for my art. Now it's your turn (Neil Innes)
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 06-09-2014, 06:56 PM
drummer-russ's Avatar
drummer-russ drummer-russ is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Peters Mo
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Rolls PM55P Tried it at rehearsal last week and love it. I can hear my vocals better than ever and I can here the rest of the band over my acoustic drums so much better! Trying it at a gig Saturday.

http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=PM55
__________________
Playing live in front of appreciative audience is the 2nd best thing in the world!
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 06-09-2014, 07:00 PM
drummer-russ's Avatar
drummer-russ drummer-russ is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Peters Mo
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer-russ View Post
Rolls PM55P Tried it at rehearsal last week and love it. I can hear my vocals better than ever and I can here the rest of the band over my acoustic drums so much better! Trying it at a gig Saturday.

http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=PM55
Here is the pic I meant to include. It met my needs as a monitor for earbuds and a mic pass thru so I can hear my vocals. Plus it has a limiter.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Playing live in front of appreciative audience is the 2nd best thing in the world!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 AM
lsits's Avatar
lsits lsits is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,147
Default Re: What's your latest purchase?

Pearl Demonator double pedal. $205 out the door at Guitar Canter. Time for this old dog to learn some new tricks. If you need me I'll be climbing the learning curve.

__________________
I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com