Dream Bliss hats?

opentune

Platinum Member
Anybody using or tried these? Am thinking to try a pair....in search of that nirvana of a hihat sound (but on a budget of some kind).
Some of their crash/ride cymbals are getting good reviews but not heard or read much on their hi hats.

Anybody using or tried these? Am thinking to try a pair....in search of that nirvana of a hihat sound (but on a budget of some kind).
Some of their crash/ride cymbals are getting good reviews but not heard or read much on their hi hats.

Go and try them. Go now, please, take, my car.

But seriously. I tried lots and lots of hats a couple of months ago. Thank you Drum Shop Gateshead.
I tried the Dream Bliss 14" and loved them instantly. Then the cymbal snob in me started to whisper in my ear. "These things are not expensive enough, what about the big well known names, spend some money".
So after trying all the big names I still came back to the Dreams. Every time I play the open hats I pat myself on the back for my taste, and the cash left in my pocket.

Mike, thanks for that input. Ya, truth is I'm a Paiste lover, and kind of a snob for them too, but some of the sound samples I hear of these Bliss hats were just what I was looking for. I've decided to follow my ears, not the Paiste label, and save some cash.

What do you compare them to?

I need new hats pretty bad, but I guess since they have two cymbals involved, they tend to be very expensive from the get-go. If dreams actually sound good, I might look at that too.

What do you compare them to?

I need new hats pretty bad, but I guess since they have two cymbals involved, they tend to be very expensive from the get-go. If dreams actually sound good, I might look at that too.

As I say, I compared them to all the big name brands. Paiste, Zildj, Meinl, Ufip, Sabian etc and I had money to burn. But.....I bought the Dream Bliss as I thought they sounded the best, to my ears. A lovely stick sound closed, great "chit" used with the pedal, and, the best bit, played open they are glorious.

Go to a shop. Open the hats. Hit them with a stick of choice and close the hat. Be amazed.
Play the bell, it sounds pure and musical.
But....and there is always a but. They are hand crafted musical instruments, play a couple of sets as the will have slightly different properties. Pick the ones you like best. If you like them at all.

Back