Mystery Sizzle Cymbal

mustang

Yesterday i played on a kit that had a crash with rivets in it! it was a sizzle crash and i looked at it to see what brand it was but all it said was SIZZLE in big letters.Does anyone know what this is and who makes it!! It sounded great and i wanna buy one but cant find it! thanks so much!

Yesterday i played on a kit that had a crash with rivets in it! it was a sizzle crash and i looked at it to see what brand it was but all it said was SIZZLE in big letters.Does anyone know what this is and who makes it!! It sounded great and i wanna buy one but cant find it! thanks so much!

Nothing new at all.They have been around since the 1920's.You can order a cymbal with rivets installed from any cymbal maker.They are a custom order,except with swish cymbals which come with rivets installed.Most 5 star drum shops can drill and install rivets for you.

Steve B

Last edited:
Nothing new at all.They have been around since the 1920's.You can order a cymbal with rivets installed from any cymbal maker.They are a custom order,except with swish cymbals wich come with rivets installed.Most 5 star drum shops can drill and install rivets for you.

Steve B

Meinl also has a line of cymbals with rivets in them.

You can also get some ball bearing chains and put that on a cymbal to give a nice sizzle sound.

Meinl also has a line of cymbals with rivets in them.

You can also get some ball bearing chains and put that on a cymbal to give a nice sizzle sound.

I used to use pull chains like you have on ceiling fans.That way you didn't have to drill holes in your cymbal.I have a late 60's A Zildjian 20" ping ride with 8 rivet holes in it,and it does sound different.

Steve B

Back