X hat vs. Remote hat

drum_wizard

So a friend of mine lend me his Yamaha Remote Hi hat *Japanese model*. He is selling it to me. It works good but it somewhat lags. It hasn't been used for a couple of years. But it works...he either wants $50 or an exchange of an X-hi hat.

I was looking at some X hats on ebay and I won a Gibraltar for $20! It seems like fun and compact!

Now I don't know if the remote is better or the x hat. Both have there pros and cons....

From your experiences what do you think I should stay with?!

So a friend of mine lend me his Yamaha Remote Hi hat *Japanese model*. He is selling it to me. It works good but it somewhat lags. It hasn't been used for a couple of years. But it works...he either wants $50 or an exchange of an X-hi hat.

I was looking at some X hats on ebay and I won a Gibraltar for $20! It seems like fun and compact!

Now I don't know if the remote is better or the x hat. Both have there pros and cons....

From your experiences what do you think I should stay with?!

Well, what are you looking for? The remote hat has a pedal and works like a regular hi hat stand (although there are often discussions of feeling a slight to long delay). The x-hat stand take up less room, but don't have a pedal, so you just have to keep the hats in one position. If you want to be able to open them, hit them closed, hit them half open, etc, you need to go with the cable remote. If you want to just have one extra hi hat with one single sound, then go with the x-hats.

Back