Quick Drum Survey

OldReliable

Hi guys,

In my high school’s math class, we’re currently doing a unit on surveys. Each of us has to do a survey as a graded project. Naturally, I though I’d do one on drums. The survey is mainly about gear and gear preferences. We have a limit of 10 questions, so it doesn’t have a question for everything. It’s pretty quick, and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.

Here’s the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NLZPH5Y

Done.

Happy I've got a kit size that isn't on the list, that explains why it's not what I want :)

Mine is not, as well, but for me it's perfect.

Last edited:
Done.
Thanks for letting us participate. Seems I'm just an average Joe...and I'm good with that. :)

Sorry guys! I forgot to add an other option for the brands. I just fixed it. Thanks again for participating!

That was more fun than the surveys I have to do for work. Peace and goodwill.

Done! Good luck with it

(I didn't classify my kit as "vintage", cuz I don't think of it that way. It was made in 1980, which is nearing 40 years old....perhaps it is...)

Just took it.

You only had two sound profiles for cymbals. My crashes are HHX, which to me is a combined sound - they are darker in terms of sound and fullness, but they also cut like a bright cymbal would. They are by far my favorite of any crashes I've owned in my time as a drummer.

Done. Are you going to post results?

Yes. I’m going to leave it open for about a week so I can get a nice big sample size. Once the results are in, I’ll make a thread about it. Even this early, some definite trends are emerging!

Just made my contribution.

Done.
It assumes you play one style of music and use one configuration, but I play a few styles and use different configs. I assumed the q's as what is the favorite style and favorite config to play.

Back