Steve Smith Video Release Party

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
Monday Mar 21 in Manhattan, NYC at The Cutting Room.

Steve will be there, signing copies and being awesome. I'm definitely going.

This new vid is all about applying matched grip to the kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3tb62sm1UI

Man, how many technique DVDs do we need?

I've got the last two instructional Steve Smith DVDs, and both are so useful and well-made.

Look forward to getting this.

Always seems to take a while for Hudson material to become available here in the UK though.

Kind of funny a guy who has spend the a large chunk of his career playing traditional grip is putting out a video on how to play matched grip.

Some years I found myself in a conversation with someone who worked at Hudson and I mentioned if Steve really wanted to make a video that would sell, he's just do a step by step on how to play Journey songs. The guy agreed it would probably sell much better.

Some years I found myself in a conversation with someone who worked at Hudson and I mentioned if Steve really wanted to make a video that would sell, he's just do a step by step on how to play Journey songs.

But maybe that would bore Steve to tears, you know, ..."been there done that" kinda thing.

... and Smith is using those cheap DW 5000 pedals? Oy vey!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 12.34.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 12.34.29 PM.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 145
Well, nothing wrong with that, but hey, personally I am getting more than bored with all that technique staff! Soon we will have videos and workshops about seat height and pedal footboard angles! And the music? The fact is that when arts do not know where to head anymore, technique takes over! This leads to academia, and that's exactly where the music we all love (to simplify: blues and jazz originated music) is going to: nothing new since years, pure academia! How sad ...

P.S.: I find it quite interesting to see Steve Smith talking about grip: I always found he has a more than strange hand grip and positioning ...

Back