John Bonham Paiste Profile 1975

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
John Bonham Paiste Profile 1975

SKF NOTE: As long as I'm on a Bonham roll (no pun intended), here's John Bonham's Profile from Paiste's 1975 Profiles of International Drummers, Percussionists, Musicians #2.

bonham_paiste-profile.jpg

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals

I have this Paiste Profiles book as also the collectable&extremely rare Paiste Profiles 1 autographed by Ian Paice! :).

Me too. But mine isn't autographed. I think I'll carry it with me (along with my 1970s "Avedis Zildjian Cymbal Set-ups of Famous Drummers") to NAMM in January. Maybe I'll run into some famous drummers and have them autograph their pages ;)

Weirdos.

16 is a perfectly valid, extremely normal size for a crash. He had mic'd drum-kits most of the time, and there's a specific quick explosive sound that's easier to get on smaller pies.

Personally, I never cared for the sound of those 2002s(I hear some 'clang') when I'm in the room with them, though I admit, they sound fine on the records.

Weirdos.

16 is a perfectly valid, extremely normal size for a crash. He had mic'd drum-kits most of the time, and there's a specific quick explosive sound that's easier to get on smaller pies.

Personally, I never cared for the sound of those 2002s(I hear some 'clang') when I'm in the room with them, though I admit, they sound fine on the records.

My guess is you'd be hard pressed to single out a 16" crash on a Bonham recording w/LZ in the PAISTE era (70' on).

Back