drum fill friday

I only got 2 out of 5. The second fill killed me, because I knew that I recognized it, but choked on the title.

1/5 here as well.

Some of the songs I have never heard of.

2/5, but most of those records I'd never heard of...at least now i know some more stuff to listen to :D

4/5. blew the metal thing. funny how going w/ my gut worked on a few that i was iffy. pretty cool NPR even have this type of quiz.

Go on, guess how many I got.

If you guessed 1/5, you are an hopeless optimist, bless you!

5/5 !!
Although I admit the metal song was a total guess because I've never heard it before.

4/5. I missed the metal one, even though I've been listening lately to the band it was by!

What a cool feature. I will be back to check these out in future weeks.

4/5. I missed the metal one, even though I've been listening lately to the band it was by!

What a cool feature. I will be back to check these out in future weeks.

Yes - Opeth has been aging like a fine wine. As great as Lopez was, I especially like Martin Axenrot's playing the last few albums. Watershed was, well, a Watershed moment for Opeth and metal music as whole IMHO...

I only knew the Manu Katche fill (one of my all-time favorite fills!). But never heard any of the others. I had a small argument with myself over whether it was Steve Gadd or Peter Erskine playing what turned out to be Harvey Mason, so neither one of us was right!

Dang.

I completely guessed on all but the first one, but it was probably statistically predictable that I managed a 2/5.

Back