The biggest gear hoarders in DW

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Inspired by who is the fastest drummer in DW.

I think it's obvious who the biggest gear hoarder in DW is, but I am curious who is in the same league.

I own 8 drum sets and maybe 30 cymbals and probably 10 snares, so not even close.

Including special categories? I have around 40 bells ;-)
(1 drumkit though, and just a handful of 'real' cymbals.)

I have 7 a kits and 1 ekit and about 20 cymbals which I think is above average by quite a bit but the sky is the limit.

3 of them are at friends houses. Just easier to get a cheap used kit than to schlep that crap all over the place. Go with stick and sit and play.

I ain't gonna ever come close to Bermuda (nor do I have the need) but I have 3 acoustic kits, 1 e-kit, about 15 cymbals and only 3 snares at the moment. Various stands and a rack. Small potatoes compared to some.

But like Bo, I've moved a lot of gear over the years. In all I've had 15 kits since I started playing.

I think it's obvious who the biggest gear hoarder in DW is, but I am curious who is in the same league.

I won't assume you mean me, but for the record - today - it's:

30 kits

84 snares

791 cymbals

Bermuda

Hoarding? Meaning, "seemingly unnecessary gear?" Right now for me:

6 kits
15 snares
100+ cymbals
5 concert bass drums
4 sets of congas
3 marimbas
2 vibraphones
2 xylophones
6 guitars
4 amps
2 basses
3 clarinets
2 trumpets
...and plenty of "single" instruments, but these are the redundancies. I'm looking to tone it down a touch, but gear is fun!

30 kits

84 snares

791 cymbals

Bermuda

I think this little contest is over now.

Do I even want to know how many of those cymbals are older than me?

30 kits

84 snares

791 cymbals

Bermuda

I don't have the notoriety of Bermuda, nor the vendor support and though I consider myself a professional, I don't make a living with my drumming but I have 21 sets, 52 snare drums, 150 different cymbals over 200 cymbal stands, 12 different sets of double pedals, 18 different hi hat stands, 25 single pedals, 400 pairs of drum sticks..........and I'm happily divorced!!!! :)

Hoarding? Meaning, "seemingly unnecessary gear?" Right now for me:

6 kits
15 snares
100+ cymbals
5 concert bass drums
4 sets of congas
3 marimbas
2 vibraphones
2 xylophones
6 guitars
4 amps
2 basses
3 clarinets
2 trumpets
...and plenty of "single" instruments, but these are the redundancies. I'm looking to tone it down a touch, but gear is fun!

.................and a partridge in a pear tree! :)

I'm the exact opposite - there should be a category of biggest gear mover in DW!

I've sold 12 kits since November 1st. Plus dozens of separate cymbals, stands, snares, and pedals. Admittedly, it was mostly low end stuff not like the top shelf gear you move!

As for the hoard, right now I'm sitting on:
10 acoustic kits
1 electronic kit
about 30 cymbals
16 snares
2 sets of marching quads
2 marching bass drums
about 50 pieces of hand percussion

My collection is extremely fluid. Half of it is for sale right now.
I have my favorite treasures that I absolutely won't part with but most of it was bought just to flip.

I don't have the notoriety of Bermuda, nor the vendor support and though I consider myself a professional, I don't make a living with my drumming but I have 21 sets, 52 snare drums, 150 different cymbals over 200 cymbal stands, 12 different sets of double pedals, 18 different hi hat stands, 25 single pedals, 400 pairs of drum sticks..........and I'm happily divorced!!!! :)

OK I think Bob may have 2nd place

I am glad that I am not mention worthy in this thread. That means that there is a slight glimmer of hope for me :)

791 cymbals? Good God that's a lot of polish and cloth diapers!

Back