HELP! Pricing on 1980's Tama Superstar Snare

Metal Militia

Hey guys, I need some help with a purchase I am about to make. This guy is selling a 1980's Tama Superstar Snare 14 by 8 in cherry wine finish. The stain has very few scratches, the chrome is all good, and everything is working order (all original)! He is asking for 275 plus 25 for shipping FIRM. I am very familiar with these drums and have a 1983 Tama Superstar double-bass kit in the same finish so from what I've seen this is a good price but am I wrong? Whats your opinion? Is this a good price? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

$300 total is not a bad price from what I've seen on eBay but to be sure check out the completed and SOLD superstar snares and compare. I think 300-350ish is typical. It's not a steal but if you're looking for a matching snare this might be the one.

If all parts are original,then its a good deal.I have one of those snares in super mahogany.Its a great drum,pretty versitile,loud,and a lot more senesitive than you would think.They came standard with die cast rims too.You won't be disapointed.

Steve B

I ended up getting it for a total of 300 (including shipping)! And yes it's all original and has die-cast rims. The guy who I am buying from actually has been using it in his studio for the last 10-15 years and he got the snare from his friend who was the original bass player for Metal Church. That was told to me after i bought the snare, so it didn't have any sway in my decision, just a fun fact. But yeah she's a beauty and from what I've seen in the past, it was a great price! Thanks for the help guys!

I ended up getting it for a total of 300 (including shipping)! And yes it's all original and has die-cast rims. The guy who I am buying from actually has been using it in his studio for the last 10-15 years and he got the snare from his friend who was the original bass player for Metal Church. That was told to me after i bought the snare, so it didn't have any sway in my decision, just a fun fact. But yeah she's a beauty and from what I've seen in the past, it was a great price! Thanks for the help guys!

posting here about getting new gear without pics is frowned upon :)

It's in the process of being shipped right now! I will definitely post pictures of the snare when I get it, along with pictures of it in my kit!

Back