Transcribing

joshthedrumkid97

I just transcribed my first drum part Parkway Drive - Unrest and Parkway Drive - Karma.

I've never really tried to play songs by ear but now that I've given it a shot I think it's quite fun.

Do you guys reckon i should start giving people transcriptions for like $2 a song?

I don't agree with it, especially in light of what drummerworld's expert transcribers have provided for us completely free. We're talking hours of work transcribing the most complex stuff. Moreover you said yourself these are your first transcriptions, so there are issues over whether or not they're right. But don't let my opinion hinder you. If you want to make a business out of it go ahead.

$2 for a whole song? If money is your goal, you're going to want to charge a lot more than that.

But I think it should be free anyway. More people will benefit from them, which is worth many times more than the $2 that you were paid.

Unless you're a teacher and it's specifically for a student, you could charge them on a case-by-case basis, like if it is a complicated song and will take you a significant amount of your spare time. Even then I wouldn't be trying to profit out of it.

Post up your transcriptions and let us judge? Go on, do it :)

Of course i would post them for free. But some of my friends at school have actually offered to pay me a small amount of money to write them out a song.

I dunno if i have the guts to post it. I'm pretty confident its 100% correct but what if its not ;o

plus i dont even know how to link it up to a post

Of course i would post them for free. But some of my friends at school have actually offered to pay me a small amount of money to write them out a song.

I dunno if i have the guts to post it. I'm pretty confident its 100% correct but what if its not ;o

plus i dont even know how to link it up to a post

Don't worry about it, very few transcriptions are 100% perfect anyway. Plus, only one way to learn, right?

Back