Any In Person Reviews On The Jeff Beck Tour

Jim Mattingly

I have 4 orchestra seats for the upcoming Jeff Beck/Imelda May show for April 19th in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Has anyone out there had the plaeasure of catching this show yet and if so how was it. No idea who the backing band is, and not that it matters, just looking for an honest review from anyone who has attended.

I wanted to go see him in Florida but Vinnie, and Tal, the bassist aren't playing with him. He is using the drummer and bassist from his last recording evidently. I;m sure the show will be great but I wanted to see Vinnie.

I wanted to go see him in Florida but Vinnie, and Tal, the bassist aren't playing with him. He is using the drummer and bassist from his last recording evidently. I;m sure the show will be great but I wanted to see Vinnie.

I did know that Vinnie C and Tal were not playing with him which sort of bummed me out but still had to get tickets for the show. I love the Live At Ronnie Scotts CD and I believe I have watched it on tv about 1000 times. Obviously I love Vinnie' work but I would really have liked to see Tal in person, she still amazes me with what she has accomplished at such a young age. I will give my review of the show....I am looking forward to seeing Imelda May live also. His latest Emotion/Commotion CD is also very good...

I saw this tour last year. Sadly Imelda backed out of the Cincinnati show but JB was AMAZING. His bassist on that tour was Rhonda Smith who was brilliant (what is it with Jeff and female bass players???? lol). The drummer was Narada Michael Waden who was also really good and you could tell he was having a blast on stage.

I highly recommend going to this concert if you get the chance and if you are lucky enuf to catch him with Imelda...than I'm really jealous! She's amazing. I had never seen Jeff live before and wasn't sure what to expect but he and his band both had good stage presence and interacted with the audience. I had 2nd row center and enjoyed every second. The drummer kept making eye contact with me and laughing because I was on my feet and I was "air-drumming" the whole concert. :) It's was one of the concerts that actually was the turning point for me in deciding to take drum lessons (started a month ago).

Have fun and enjoy! I know you will!

Back