Steve Lukather - Adult Chords

Lukather --- one of the greatest guitarists / session musicians on the planet. He would know.

Thanks for posting this, Boomka!

Lukather --- one of the greatest guitarists / session musicians on the planet. He would know.

Thanks for posting this, Boomka!

I think it's also key that he's as Rock n Roll as anyone, he doesn't just play Adult Chords. He's made his living playing in a wide spectrum of pop/rock and studio settings. If you want to be at the top of the game - or even a few rungs up the ladder - you need to know your s**t.

I think it's also key that he's as Rock n Roll as anyone, he doesn't just play Adult Chords. He's made his living playing in a wide spectrum of pop/rock and studio settings. If you want to be at the top of the game - or even a few rungs up the ladder - you need to know your s**t.
A very well delivered message, from someone who could easily carry the title of feelmonster. I've seen Lukather play countless times, & he completely lays to rest the myth of reading = sterility.

Footnote: Going to Toto's final tour performance at the London Hammersmith in a couple of months time. Lukather & Phillips on the same stage, for me, it doesn't get much better than that. Both are perfect examples of technique in execution, yet both also have wonderful feel, but rock yer tits off! Yummy.

Enjoy that show, keep it simple! I'd love to see Toto, especially on the final tour. What a line-up too... No Bobby Kimball or Mike Porcaro (because of health issues) on this tour, but I'm sure Nathan East will sound great (as usual) filling in. Joe Williams is great, too, of course.

Back