I got the Mapex Saturn - and More!

Skwerly

Okay gang, just got back from Los Angeles where I spent a couple hours spending stupid amounts of money on drum gear. :) You know how it goes.

I was starving and so I came in to eat, but I'll post pictures here shortly. The set is SO much more beautiful than it is on the Mapex site, and I deliberately walked around with a stick and popped every single tom and snare in the joint - only one kit sounded anywhere near comparable, and it was a beautiful maple Gretsch that cost quite a bit more than the Saturns did.

PICS TO COME! :) :)

EDIT: Dang camera flash is making it so that you cannot see the fade in the drums. I'll play a bit with the lighting and all but I may have to wait until daylight - these babies deserve some sunshine.

Well, I got a few but I can't find any light that's doing them any good. I'll for sure take some tomorrow, both individual and as a whole - the color of these things is just amazing. Cherry-Burst, they call it. The sound is even better. I can't believe every time I hit one of these monsters. Just awe inspiring. Anyhow, here's what I have for now, more to follow tomorrow for sure.

The 1st rack tom:
100_3275.jpg

The gorgeous snare:
100_3289.jpg

Snare and floor tom together (pic really is garbage - dang fluorescent light!):
100_3291.jpg

And the badge, just for kicks:
100_3293.jpg

Last edited:
MORE stuff! I dropped some coin today. It's going to hurt, but I can't wait to see the look on the guys' faces.

New throne, cloth-style top so I don't sweat so bad at shows. I love it.
100_3295.jpg

DW3000 high hat stand and boom stand. I got a second identical DW boom as well:
100_3297.jpg

Second DW boom:
100_3298.jpg

100_3299.jpg

The POWERFUL bass drum. Best pic of the colors I could get. I took quite a few. This baby is just nice.
100_3303.jpg

New Sabian 19":
100_3308.jpg

100_3309.jpg

New Sabian 18":
100_3314.jpg

100_3312.jpg

Random pic of a floor tom and some of the bags:
100_3318.jpg

Beautiful color selection, excellent drums. Congrats brother, it feels nice to have good gear don't it?

Beautiful color selection, excellent drums. Congrats brother, it feels nice to have good gear don't it?

Like you wouldn't believe man. Literally like a sigh of relief. My Exports have done me well for the better part of 16 years - it was time. These babies SING. :)

Thank you, Nodiggie! :)

I know bro, I recorded some ELX's on a friends CD and they sound fantastic. My cousin picked up Mint condition ELX's a few months ago for dirt cheap...he basically stold them from the guy.

I'm going to go out and tune the drums today, and hopefully get better pics of the awesome finish. I can't believe how boss these babies look. :)

Back