Masters of Resonance trailer

Lee-Bro

This popped up in my social media feed today. It looks interesting and I'm guessing it'll be along the lines of the show "How It's Made" but with a bit more humor & story telling. I'm sure someone will consider it DW propaganda. Regardless, whenever a manufacturer of any brand does something "behind the scenes" I'm always interested in the process and technology -even if I'm not a fan of their stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OizJRxcPaus&feature=share

How would it not be considered promotion/propaganda for DW? they paid for it and it looks like it's a history of and glorification of DW. There is no way to not see it as propaganda for the company, that being said business is business and it's a smart move:) not going to put them down for it at all. BUT.. i also like behind the scenes stuff regardless of the brand :)

John Goode. The Steve Jobs of drum makers.

Why do people like these drums so much? They're overpriced and sound like shit.

I have a set of custom Gurus and an old DW kit. They both sound great.
Saying DW sounds shitty is basically saying that maple ply drums sound like shit

Saying DW sounds shitty is basically saying that maple ply drums sound like shit

I'm not sure I follow your logic. In any case, I've not heard any DW drums that sound good to my ear since the mid-90s. The bass drums and toms are garbage.

Why do people like these drums so much? They're overpriced and sound like shit.

It's the hype.. i fell for it myself. But live and learn, at least i didn't fall for the apple hype:)

I think if someone can't make a set of DW drums sound good they need to look in the mirror, hopefully that mirror says learn to tune better. Nah jk, but I think DW are solid drums just like most brands these days. Too much hype can get annoying tho, especially when the hype claims the moon. Masters of resonance? Ok sure

It's the hype.. i fell for it myself. But live and learn, at least i didn't fall for the apple hype:)

DW at the next NAMM:

"We are no longer producing snare drums because we are innovative and forward thinking."

DW at the next NAMM:

"We are no longer producing snare drums because we are innovative and forward thinking."

nope next namm will be their rogers ripoff.. unless they showed that at this namm.. not sure honeslty.

P.S. that was pretty good btw, actually they will produce snares, but without wires. they are extra and held on by magnets, but if you lose them they will sell you new ones for only $80

Back