Playing with drumless tracks?

CCdrummer

Started this thread because of what I read through on the recent drum cover thread.

Right now I just do not have the time or the energy to devote to organizing, joining, etc etc a band between a busy work schedule and helping to care for an elderly parent.

I like to play along with covers as a way of staying sharp just in case the right situation ever arises or I one day have the time to meet with other musicians.

What are your thoughts on drumless tracks? I guess right now I consider them the next best thing, and I did notice at first a huge difference in trying to play along with songs that I thought I knew before when I played along with the regular (with drums) version.

Dreamless tracks are a great way to learn.
They give you the option to play the exact cover of the tune or put your own stuff in and see how it works.

I have quite a few to play along with. Lots of fun and a great tool if you record yourself. Really helped me listen to what I'm playing.

After a long layoff, before playing with a band, I found them to be a very useful tool.

I was never one to practice rudiments, stick control etc. I just liked playing with music and, playing over the top of other drums was just not quite right.

Back