L.A. Session Drummer Matt Laug Blog

Matt Laug

Hi!
My name is Matt Laug and I'm a Los Angeles based session drummer. I have performed on records that have sold over 35 million copies for artists:
Alanis Morissette (Jagged Little Pill - "You Oughta Know")
Lifehouse (No Name Face - "Hanging By A Moment")
The Calling (Camino Palmero - "Wherever You Will Go")
Christina Aguilera ("What A Girl Wants" - percussion)
New Radicals (Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too)
Melissa Etheridge (Lucky - "If You Want To")
Alice Cooper (A Fistful Of Alice - "Is Anyone Home")
Slash’s Snakepit (Aint Life Grand)
The Corrs (Talk On Corners - "Only When I Sleep")
Richard Marx (My Own Best Enemy)
and on movie scores:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Get Him To The Greek - American Reunion - South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut - Food Inc. and more.

I am happy to announce that The Laug Blog is live!!!! Please visit http://www.mattlaugdrums.com/#!the-laug-blog/c12hn and subscribe to The Laug Blog to receive notices of newly posted interviews, sessions, live gigs, and *tips on both live and studio drumming. (*coming soon.)

Thanks for reading!!!
Matt Laug

YES !! cool Matt will check it out. i am a fan of your awesome playing. i have listened to the "id hit that " podcast MANY times & love the stories / info / ACDC / etc. i still walk around & talk about the "washer-machine groove" and "its in 7 ! ... 7/8 ? yeah..ya know...1-2-3-4-5-6-SE-VEN" fuggin too funny, ahaha ! love it.

Hi.
If anybody is interested, I just posted on my blog (The Laug Blog) part 1 of my experience tracking drums on Alanis Morissette's multi Grammy award winning album "Jagged Little Pill".
To check it out please visit.
http://www.mattlaugdrums.com/#!the-laug-blog/c12hn

Please subscribe to The Laug Blog if you would like to be notified when new posts go live.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Jagged.jpeg
    Jagged.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 541
Hi.
If anybody is interested, I just posted on my blog (The Laug Blog) part 1 of my experience tracking drums on Alanis Morissette's multi Grammy award winning album "Jagged Little Pill".
To check it out please visit.

Please subscribe to The Laug Blog if you would like to be notified when new posts go live.

Thanks for reading!

Very cool story! I loved everything on that album - it was so well done. Thanks for sharing your blog!

Welcome Sir. Pretty impressive stuff. Hope you'll be around to share your thoughts and skills with us lesser knowns. Johnny

This is great, man. I'm a huge fan of podcasts and interviews about the working lives of session musicians. Thanks for sharing! :)

Matt, I had a disagreement with my bass player about the Alanis Morriset tune. I said I thought you used brushes for that tune. am I wrong?

He also told me it was Taylor Hawkins playing.

Matt, I had a disagreement with my bass player about the Alanis Morriset tune. I said I thought you used brushes for that tune. am I wrong?

He also told me it was Taylor Hawkins playing.

Hi! Find all the answers in The Laug Blog post titled "Tracking Drums For Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' - Part 2."
Click here to visit:

Thanks for reading!
Matt

Hi Matt,

I ever so briefly met you at PIT. I think you had been out on tour the entire year, and you just came back days before my graduation (1992). A lot of the other teachers spoke highly of you.

So when I saw your name on the Alanis CD, I thought oh, wow, cool, I know this guy is!

A few years back, you were the answer to a trivia question on this very board that allowed me to win a CD! lol.

I hope you have a chance to participate in the community here at drummerworld. It would be great to get your insight on some of the various topics that come up.

~Ian

Hi Matt,

I ever so briefly met you at PIT. I think you had been out on tour the entire year, and you just came back days before my graduation (1992). A lot of the other teachers spoke highly of you.

So when I saw your name on the Alanis CD, I thought oh, wow, cool, I know this guy is!

A few years back, you were the answer to a trivia question on this very board that allowed me to win a CD! lol.

I hope you have a chance to participate in the community here at drummerworld. It would be great to get your insight on some of the various topics that come up.

~Ian

Hi Ian!!!
1992????!!!! YIKES! :eek:) Nice to reconnect with you.
I plan on including tips and other doohickeys that have helped me out through the years on my blog. (THE LAUG BLOG) If you're interested you can subscribe to get notices when new posts go live here: http://www.mattlaugdrums.com/#!the-laug-blog/c12hn
Thanks Ian!
Matt

Attachments

• NFL on CBS Theme.jpeg
    NFL on CBS Theme.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 291

Attachments

• Slash's Snakepit - Aint Life Grand_1024.jpg
    Slash's Snakepit - Aint Life Grand_1024.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 177
Back