Just spent a few hours finding ratio's of guitarist, Bassist, Drummers, Vocalist and Keyboardist

Shild

I just spent a few hours on Bostons Craigslist finding out the supply and demand of Drummers, Bassist, Vocalist, Guitarist and Keyboardist.

As you would expect I found the "guitarist available" outnumbered everything but not by as much as I thought it would. As a couple of you on here have said keyboard players are indeed the toughest to find! I found 3 "seeking keyboardist" ads for each "keyboardist available" ad I could find. I was very disappointed to find out that Bass players are actually in more demand than drummers! I could have sworn the opposite was true! That's why I became a drummer! Perhaps drummers became way more common now that there are electronic kits?

Anyway, here are my findings. By the way, if a person said they are a drummer then admitted they don't have a kit, I didn't count them as a drummer available...

Guitarist Available ads..............45
Seeking Guitarist ads...............41

Bassist Available ads...............21
Seeking Bassist ads................62

Drummer Available ads............34
Seeking Drummer ads.............53

Vocalist Available ads.............30
Seeking Vocalist ads..............57

Keyboardist Available ads........7
Seeking Keyboardist ads........21

The next place I want to do this for is either Cleveland or Detroit. I have the belief that the more inner city and ghetto a place is the more drummers will be in demand. I want to see if it's true and how true it is...

Here's Miami...

Guitarist Available ads…………..24
Seeking Guitarist ads……………27

Bassist Available ads……………8
Seeking Bassist ads…………….39

Drummer Available ads…………18
Seeking Drummer ads………….15

Vocalist Available ads………….27
Seeking Vocalist ads…………..33

Keyboardist Available ads……..12
Seeking Keyboardist ads……..7

Last edited:
Thanks for doing Miami ?uesto... Guess Bass players have even more choice where you live and Drummers don't have much choice. How are things for you when you try to get in a band?

Interesting exercise, Shild. Surprised at the demand for bassists ... you'd expect second echelon guitarists turning to bass will fill much of the void.

Back