What sticks to a snare drum? (Help stop my triggers from bouncing away)

lukez

Hello all. I've recently purchased Pulse Percussion's Red Hot triggers (see pic) to pair with my fancy new Roland Octapad. I have one trigger on my snare, and one on my kick.

DV019_Jpg_Regular_444035.jpg

Here's the problem: I cannot, for the life of me, get the snare trigger to stay on my snare for longer than an hour or so. What sticks to a snare drum?

The double-sided tape that came with the trigger was completely ineffective. Since then I've tried:

- Stronger double-sided tape;
- Duct tape;
- Silicone caulking; and
- Carpet tape

None have lasted longer than an hour of playing. I've had silicone adhesive and gaffer's tape recommended to me, but I'd love to hear some first-hand recommendations of What Works.

My kit is an older Yamaha Stage Custom; snare is a Yamaha steel with a coated Evans batter head.

Duct tape worked like a charm for me. I probably used a 4" length of it though. I kept my trigger near the edge of the drum and cranked up the sensitivity.

Duct tape worked like a charm for me. I probably used a 4" length of it though. I kept my trigger near the edge of the drum and cranked up the sensitivity.

Since then I've tried:

- Stronger double-sided tape;
- Duct tape;
- Silicone caulking; and
- Carpet tape

None have lasted longer than an hour of playing.

I don't have any experience with this issue but it seems that pictures of solutions would help a lot.

No pictures from me because I don't trigger any longer. When I did, I triggered a snare drum only. Visualize this. Get a 4" strip of really sticky duct tape. Don't use crap. Place the pickup dead center of the tape, with the cable extending out of the 4" side of the tape. Tape the trigger down. I had my pickup about 1" - 2" from the rim. Tape it down and let it sit so the tape adheres to the head.

I don't have any experience with this issue but it seems that pictures of solutions would help a lot.

Back