snare drum hoops

You don't have to match the hoops if you don't want to.
There are no rules.
Experiment and use the hoops that you like.

If you're one who insists on matching his socks to his underwear, then yes you should. The disparity will drive you mad.

For everyone else.......

The Tama Stewart Copeland signature snare comes standard with a diecast hoop on the batter side and a 2.3 mm stamped hoop on the reso side.

Like Bob said,there are no rules,and like Pocket says essentially don't sweat the small stuff.If it dosen't all match.......so what.:)

Steve B

What if you're the kind of guy who tucks his shirt into his underwear, what hoops should you use then?

If you're that kind of guy,then you should forget the drums and buy a guitar as soon as possible,and then you won't feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.:)

Steve B

I'm thinking a hooped skirt would then be appropriate.
Would that then be a flesh hoop? ;)

If you're that kind of guy,then you should forget the drums and buy a guitar as soon as possible,and then you won't feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.:)

Steve B
Of course, a guitarist. How could I have missed that Steve ;) :) :)

Back on topic: If you want to go for a good wood vibe, then there's little point in only fitting one wood hoop. Outside of that, it's cool to experiment. One combo I like is a die cast hoop on the batter & a 1.6mm triple flange hoop on the reso. That gives a dry attack, great rimshot backbeat cut, but still with a fairly open sound when fitted with G1 coated batter over Hazy 200. Huge articulation too :)

You can do whatever you want. I have never seen any drummer play with mismatched hoops. Do you think that there may be a reason for that?

Back