Jeez, Phil...

The minute someone falters and they can't do the job like before anymore, it doesn't matter how reliable you were in the past, how much you did for the band, you're not cutting it lately so out you go.

One one hand, as a business, I can understand that. On the other hand it doesn't seem like his mates want to help him, they seem like they are leaving it all up to Phil. I sort of understand, no one is their brothers keeper, but still it seems something is missing. Loyalty maybe. When you laugh the world laughs with you but when you have problems and aren't performing up to par, tough crap. NEXT!

AC/DC are as much of a business brand as they are a band now. If one of the members isn't able to fulfil the most lucrative part of that brand, ie touring, then time to get a new person to do it.

If Phil gets convicted of possessing drugs he won't be able to enter the US and his time in the band would be over anyway.

As someone who has spent time detoxing drug addicts (on the assumption that Phil has a meth problem, it was certainly found in his house)there's just about nothing you can do to help until the person accepts that they want to change their life. Sometimes the best and kindest thing to do is to cut someone loose. Used to have to explain this to families on a regular basis.

AC/DC are as much of a business brand as they are a band now. If one of the members isn't able to fulfill the most lucrative part of that brand, ie touring, then time to get a new person to do it.

If Phil gets convicted of possessing drugs he won't be able to enter the US and his time in the band would be over anyway.

Excellent points. Black Ice had a great debut and the tour grossed a whopping 441.6 million dollars. They can't afford a this type of crap within the touring group.

he sounds incredible on the new album. I had know idea a 60 year old meth head could groove so damn hard.

The minute someone falters and they can't do the job like before anymore, it doesn't matter how reliable you were in the past, how much you did for the band, you're not cutting it lately so out you go.

One one hand, as a business, I can understand that. On the other hand it doesn't seem like his mates want to help him, they seem like they are leaving it all up to Phil. I sort of understand, no one is their brothers keeper, but still it seems something is missing. Loyalty maybe. When you laugh the world laughs with you but when you have problems and aren't performing up to par, tough crap. NEXT!

Sometimes being this way is a good thing. James Hetfield should learn a lesson or two...

All we know is what the press reports, the other guys in the band may be doing lots to help Phil but not advertising the fact. Much as we would do for an old mate. I dont go around shouting about how much I help friends and family so perhaps we should give the guys in the band some slack until all the facts eventualy come out about what they may be doing behind the scenes.

he sounds incredible on the new album. I had know idea a 60 year old meth head could groove so damn hard.

I have to say, as someone who loves Phil Rudd's earlier playing, I really don't rate his playing on this album (or most of Black Ice). The groove is just about there but there are none of the little tricks and fills that make his earlier playing deceptively tricky to copy exactly.

It's like he's become a parody of his own style.

when I listen to phil it has nothing to do with fills and chops. it has to do with his natural timing, which is still there. imo, one's natural timing makes or breaks a drummer. you either have it or u don't.

when I listen to phil it has nothing to do with fills and chops. it has to do with his natural timing, which is still there. imo, one's natural timing makes or breaks a drummer. you either have it or u don't.

I'm didn't mention chops and it isn't what I mean. The earlier AC/DC stuff has some deceptively tricky little bits in it that aren't that easy to pull off precisely within his feel, it's not just a simple 4 on the floor.

However that's exactly what the playing on Rock or Bust is. His playing is significantly worse than on recent albums. It appears that Angus and Cliff have also acknowledged that he's (unsurprisingly) out of the band......

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdcs-angus-young-on-phil-rudd-his-behavior-has-been-a-bit-strange/

he's out of the band cause he is a crack head now. and looks like hell. he should be out of the band. but he still makes my head bob. tricky or not, he still has the groove.

Back