Invited to audition!

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
Wow! Perfect timing, when one door closes another opens.

I forgot I answered an ad (can't remember where) for a band looking for a drummer. Heck this was several weeks ago, maybe a month? I didn't hear back so I thought they probably found one and were happy.

Today in my email I get an invite to audition with this 4 piece Texas rock and blues band that rehearses every Saturday and gigs twice a month. I've even heard of one of the band members, he's a fairly well-known singer-songwriter in the area. They have a rehearsal space, practice kit set up, etc.

I'm def going to audtion with these cats and see what happens! Maybe this will cure my bad attitude about the p and w band. :)

Congrats on the nice surprise, good luck with the audition!

I had a similar experience. Several years back, I signed up on drummerhunter.com, a musician finder site, and quickly forgot about it. Later, I get an email from them that I have a PM. I had completely forgotten about signing up and had to dig deep to retrieve my login info. Turns out someone found me there, asked if I was interested in playing a regular gig, and I've been playing steadily with them ever since!

Bermuda

Best of luck,and don't forget a snare,pedal,sticks and some cymbals.I've seen some studio practice kits than barely qualify as drum set.

Steve B

Good luck, sounds like a great opportunity....... Terry

The timing of all this is so coincidental...dead on perfect. Pre-destiny lol. Well, assuming you get the gig.

Tip....... Never , ever , ever , ever give up the name of the band / singer to another drummer before the audition...... :) Terry

Tip....... Never , ever , ever , ever give up the name of the band / singer to another drummer before the audition...... :) Terry

That is a good tip lol, i wouldn't be able to do anything though, have enough on my hands with two bands and a job!

i was just curious cause i know a few bands and singers in the dfw area and was just wondering who it was.

Not a worry though, wait for the audition to be over

Re: Invited to audition! Saturday

Thanks guys! I've got an audition scheduled for this coming Saturday at 1 pm!!

A drum set is already on location and I've been told I just need to bring a drum throne and my sticks. And anything else I want to bring is okay, but the throne and sticks are a necessity.

So far I have relaxed attitude about it. I spoke to the leader about 30 minutes today and it seems like we have the same taste and attitude about music genres. Looks like we are off to a good start!

I'll let you know what happens. :)

Good luck!!!! I have a love hate relationship with auditions. Love it when I get an invitation to audition and then have a goal and deadline to prep. Hate the uncomfortable part of the beginning. I just did one Friday night. Auditions will continue for another week so I have to be patient and keep looking. In my previous musical life I never auditioned. My best friend was a bass player and we started the last two bands I was in. I have had to dismiss several players though and that sucks too.

Rouge I love your stories. I'll be watching this thread. Knock it out of the park for us.

Re: Invited to audition! Saturday

Thanks guys! I've got an audition scheduled for this coming Saturday at 1 pm!!

A drum set is already on location and I've been told I just need to bring a drum throne and my sticks. And anything else I want to bring is okay, but the throne and sticks are a necessity.

So far I have relaxed attitude about it. I spoke to the leader about 30 minutes today and it seems like we have the same taste and attitude about music genres. Looks like we are off to a good start!

I'll let you know what happens. :)

bring a pedal too just in case, you can always leave it in the car. Good luck

Take everything you think you may need. Seat, pedal, cymbals, snare etc. It could also be a test of how professional you are. If you have all the gear, weather it is needed or not, It will prove your ability to prepare for a gig and also put your mind at rest in case some part of the kit is not up to scratch.
This could be "the band for you" so leave nothing to chance.

Back