Vic Grip (Water-based Urethane)

Rock Drummer

Does anybody know where I can find this "grip" they put on their sticks so that I can put it on mine? I don't need anybody to tell me "well go and buy some Vic grips" because I don't like them. Maybe someone who works at a chemical supplier or even Vic Firth would know?

I have used this for years. Dip the stick in the can and hang them up over night to dry. Any hardware store. Sand the clear finish off of the grip to make it last longer.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 280
I have used this for years. Dip the stick in the can and hang them up over night to dry. Any hardware store. Sand the clear finish off of the grip to make it last longer.

So you sand the grip? Or are you talking about sanding the stick before applying? And do you thin it or use it as is?

Last edited:
Well I just finished dipping 5 pairs. We will see how it turns out. BTW I'm still wondering about the sanding the finish. I did sand the stick first.

Sand the grip up about 6 inches and dip the stick to that mark, depends on your grip, then dip the sticks and hang to dry. I didn't thin mine.

Oh ok, yeah thats what I did, and I did 4 more pairs this morning. I used the ones from yesterday afternoon and I love it. Way better than the Easton's grip

Back