What gear is on your want list?

I'm interested in things I haven't heard before. Pearl has a snare they call "Vectorcast", and it's basically some kind of carbon fiber construction. I've never played a carbon fiber drum and I'd like to try it to compare to my Supra and my Maple snare.

There are 2 (both from Paiste): A 22" Masters Series Swish and a pair of 14" Signature Series hats.

A bigger crash between 18 and 20 inches, circa 1750g is number one.

A hardcase hardware box is number two, tried a bag, it's crap.

Tied for 3rd place is some kind of sample pad for live sample triggers and electronic drum sounds, a bigger cymbal bag/case or a bigger China or ozone crash type thing

I may buy a clarinet, and I'm not even joking.

1) I want a Supra, been playing the same brass free floater for 21 years. It’s great, it cuts, people always talk about how wonderful it sounds but I want the most recorded snare in music history
2) I want some k’s!! I been playing A’s for years, switched to paiste, now I wanna go back to Zildjian and I want the best they got
3) I want more time to play but I’ll take what I can get, I got two young kids 5 and under, playing time is more valuable than anything I can buy

I want a metal snare. Both of mine are wooden. Peace and goodwill.

Another Radio King, this time a 14x7
Dw 5000 Hi Hat stand
Sabian AAX 18" Chinese

None crucial, may get round to one of them in time.

1)A kit in the following sizes 20x14BD 13x8RT 16x14FT. Manufacturer is not really so important though I lean towards Ludwig, Tama, or Gretsch.
2) New set of Zildjians: an A 21 in Sweet Ride or A 22in Medium Ride , K 18 in Sweet Crash or K 18 in Dark Thin crash, an A 14 in New Beat top over S Mastersound Bottom for Hats and an A 14 in fast crash.
3) A hammered steel snare. Tama SLP or the Gretsch Hammered Black Steel. 14x5 or 14x5.5.

a Gretsch Renown kit (the newer ones, with the 302 hoops) in vintage white pearl, 20 x 16 BD, 13 x 9 RT, 14 x 14 and 16 x 16 FT's. and a hammered bronze Ludwig 14 x 5 snare

There are 2 (both from Paiste): A 22" Masters Series Swish and a pair of 14" Signature Series hats.
You're going to love the Paiste Masters, 22" Swish. I haven't given mine a rest since I got it last week.

Paiste 17", 19", and 20" Crashes.

1. Mapex Orion 6pc kit.

Another Mapex Orion fan! Most people seem to be all about the Saturns.
I've got a set of Orions being refinished right now: 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, 13x10 toms, 14x14, 16x16, 18x16 floor toms, 20x16, 22x16, 24x16 bass drums. The 20 and 22 are actually Saturns, because I couldn't find individual Orions, and got a great deal on the Saturns.

Still looking for a 15" Orion to complete the set.

A 12/14/18 bop kit. Doesn't even matter who makes it.
I just got the Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz kit in Gloss Crimson Burst. It's a neat little kit and I'm glad I got it.

Right now the main gear on my wish list is a better cymbal bag and some crash cymbals. I've always liked my hats and rides, but I've been curious to try out some hats. My current hats are Sabian AAX Stage Hats, but I'd want to look at something else - maybe HHX Studio hats?

Back