Entire forum marking itself "read"

STXBob

Gold Member
This happens consistently to me. If I spend the time to write a thoughtful post longer than a Tweet, the whole forum marks itself "read."

How can I prevent this? Is there a setting somewhere in the User CP? Or do I just need to go read all the threads since my last visit before commenting on anything?

I'm not sure i have seen that. Can you send a screens hot of where this is.

Sure. Screenshots, before, then after. Threads with messages since last visit show up in bold. It's like the forums think my "last visit" was when I clicked "Submit Reply," though it also does that if I just leave my browser on the forums and walk off for lunch.

Attachments

• DW forums unread.png
    DW forums unread.png
    74 KB · Views: 338
  • DW forums read.png
    DW forums read.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 335
I have no clue what that is about. Maybe give Bernhard a PM and see if he knows. In the mean time go to the settings in the User CP and see if anything pops out.

This used to happen to me as well, but lately has not - somehow fixed itself. Though, I probably just jinxed it and now it will happen again...

This also happens to me. The "go to last unread post" button usually takes me well past the last post I read, if the button shows up at all.

Usually the entire forum is marked as read once I open a single thread.

It's not keeping me away from the forum, but it gets a little irritating at times.

Bold to me has meant someone else has replied to a post since my last visit.!!!

Back