Random idea of the day

My random idea........

How to turn a bass drum into a shaker.

You know those "bead curtains" that people hang up on their door frames?

Get one with wooden beads, cut the length so it fits inside a bass drum and secure it to the top of the inside of the bass drum shell.

Everytime you slam the pedal onto the head, you'll get a nice shaker effect from the vibrations.

Yes? No?

Or replace the beads with bottle tops and make sure each one touches the other one.

The potential is limitless.......

Like it, or you could put those jingles into the shell like they do on those goofy snare drums. And they say drummers aint be all that good in the smarts department, fooey

I'd rather you guys puts your heads together and figure out a way to turn my bass drum into a bubble blower.

If you have a reservoir with a small pump to make bubble juice drip or run over your bass drum port, every time the beater struck the drum it would push a puff of air through the port, through the curtain of falling bubble juice and voila bubbles, bubbles everywhere, getting on your string players fingers making them slip and mess up, making drum sticks fly from hands impaling unsuspecting patrons, making the floor slippery and treacherous, maybe if we are lucky the bubbles will land on power outlets and perhaps a fire can start and then a stampede of impaled, slippery fingered and footed patrons running for their lives...I like it, Im in, sounds like a good time

Like it, or you could put those jingles into the shell like they do on those goofy snare drums. And they say drummers aint be all that good in the smarts department, fooey

sey, who do you think you am, even replying that dummers cant be smard?

sey, who do you think you am, even replying that dummers cant be smard?

With our edukashin, I'm Shaw that wee wood bee abil 2 start up a bizness mayking Kool drummuz stuff.

What makes that even cooler is that the smoke would probably blow perfect rings to the audience, awesome idea!!

If you cut a square hole, would you blow smoke squares? Never been able to try this with my mouth as it doesnt do geometric too good. Any of you square mouthers able to answer this quandry? I guess any shape should work right? Maybe have a rotating flap with different shapes so you can blow your bubbles and smoke rings in various different shapes. I think we have something here. Larry, ur a genius, smarder than hell

Spongebob Squarepants is the only person EVER to blow square smoke bubbles.

(Cue the person who has video proving otherwise)

What a shame it is that us entrepreneurial types don't live nearby to each other.

We could put our heads together and invent some damn interesting and totally pointless drumming accessories.

We could call ourselves "Uncle Larry's Drumming Think Tank Brain Trust Incorporated PTY LTD"

I would OBVIOUSLY be the muscle in the business...... visiting non-paying clients and offer kind persuasion to pay outstanding debts.

How about this one...for guitarists...when the break a string, they get it off the tuning peg, then they grab the broken string end closest to the bridge and pull, because there's a 25 foot roll of guitar string built into the guitar.

How about this one...for guitarists...when the break a string, they get it off the tuning peg, then they grab the broken string end closest to the bridge and pull, because there's a 25 foot roll of guitar string built into the guitar.

Are you posting from the latrine again? You are, aren't you?

You fools have all forgotten to write the eternal disclaimer "Patent Pending" at the end of each post.

Therefore, I'm claiming these ideas as my own and creating a multi-million dollar empire.

(Patent Pending)

I'm thinking he may be drinking some of that "tea" he's been talking about over in the saving for gear thread.

You fools have all forgotten to write the eternal disclaimer "Patent Pending" at the end of each post.

Therefore, I'm claiming these ideas as my own and creating a multi-million dollar empire.

(Patent Pending)

Ahh, the crux of patent law - permitting the straight-up appropriation of someone else's invention.

Unlike copyright, which arises when the work is created, or trade-name, which exists when the wares or services are made available, patent is first to file - first come, first served. That's why inventors don't disclose their plans until they file, and usually avoid or limit demonstrations until then. Loose lips have been known to cost inventors a patent or two.

So hide your plans from now on guys, cause you may just have made todd some dough.

My good man I'll have you know that many, many of my guitarist friends are crazy about the idea.

And the latrine is where my best stuff comes from :)

Back