Must-see video.

Let's see some acknowledgement for this timeless innovator. His contribution to music is massive.

He is enjoyable to watch. Very sensitive player. Love his cymbal work. A lot like Jim Gordon. Wow! I love how isn't bashing the drums. I'd love to see him live.

He is enjoyable to watch. Very sensitive player. Love his cymbal work. A lot like Jim Gordon. Wow! I love how isn't bashing the drums. I'd love to see him live.

Yeah he has a nice, gentle touch. Inspired me a lot infact, I often round off a practice session with ten minutes of quiet afrobeats of Allen's - I say that because he's the one who created them.

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSj0dkqBiWc&feature=related

Just goes to show you how many good drummers there are out there. I'd never even heard of this guy before watching the clip. Both of those tunes are very pleasing to my ear as well. Thanks.

Just goes to show you how many good drummers there are out there. I'd never even heard of this guy before watching the clip. Both of those tunes are very pleasing to my ear as well. Thanks.

No worries. Tony Allen is quite famous in certain circles and has been described as one of the most important musicians of the last fifty years!

Definitely an undiscovered gem for many.

Yeah. He is a really tasty treat. It has inspired me a little. I write a lot of the stuff for our band and I am going to explore his music a little before writing anything else. Thanks again. Really awesome find. I'm sometimes ignorant beyond my own sphere of influences and I really appreciate the opportunity to see into other areas.

Yeah. He is a really tasty treat. It has inspired me a little. I write a lot of the stuff for our band and I am going to explore his music a little before writing anything else. Thanks again. Really awesome find. I'm sometimes ignorant beyond my own sphere of influences and I really appreciate the opportunity to see into other areas.

Yeah I was pretty stuck in an alternative rock zone until about a year ago when I started liking more or less anything that was 'good' instead of sticking to genres.

The Good, The Bad & The Queen is/was a project featuring Tony Allen on drums, might be worth a look into their other songs. Quite original, not heard much like it before.

Last edited:
Back