2nd gig with new band done...

J-Boogie

Gold Member
First gig was at a party, we played a few songs opening for a band. This was a gig for a charity event at a bowling alley, we were the only band and we played like 3 hours. Went well, we have been rehearsing regularly and show felt good, for the most part.

We used a service that brought all the equipment and did sound, set up, and break down....I showed up with sticks, played, partied, left....magnificent! Gladly take that out of my band earnings, this my hobby not my living, and the convenience was outweighed the $$.

We were all jazzed as hell we pulled it off, feels good to be out there having fun again, plenty of nice compliments.

Thanks for reading, just thought Id share. It all started when I said enough of this not playing and grabbed myself an e-kit...from there everything just fell in place with a little effort.

If I could get gigging again, any of you can! Too freakin' fun!!

I could sense how much enjoyment you got from your written words - its a reminder of how much fun it is to play and to have others enjoy the music that's produced. Good on you.

What "service" is that? Just a local area thing?

A couple more gigs lined up now yes, very happy. We have a patio show at a restaurant and then a craw fish boil party (which will just be a trio instead of quintet, no slide guitar and second guitar for this one) scheduled this month.

Our bass player knows of a guy who brings all the equipment, sets up, runs sound, breaks down...it was like having a roady, I guess, never had one before. I brought snare and some sticks but only used my sticks. So much fun this way without the hassle of set up and break down, was a nice treat, it wont be all the time. I forfeited the $100 bucks I would've collected for the charity gig. Yup, we are that big time, I feel awful rubbing it all in your faces like this, dreams can come true.

Ive been on the sidelines for....gosh like 14 years now, I kept visiting here and siking myself back up til I could sit on the sidelines no more.

Dont be me, fall off the horse, get right back on....dont wait!

For my next gig, I need to provide drums. I have to finally address that pinkish drum set I got from a yard sale a while back. I posted about it but its been sitting idle while I use band mate drums at practice and my e-kit at my condo.

Thanks for reading, Im loving this again...

Back