Your hall of fame!

k3ng

Silver Member
I'm not talking about drummers that you would like to put up on your wall.

I dunno about you guys, but I have this habit of keeping stuff that I've used or broken as medals or trophies or something. Broken sticks, broken skins, cracked cymbals.. I know all of this is junk, but I kinda like to look at it as a whole and treat it like my hall of fame.

I have a collection of broken sticks, a cracked 16" crash and a dented high hat, a punctured bass skin and some old to heads..

What's in your hall of fame? (for those of you who are weird like me and keep this kind of stuff anyway)

I do the same thing! I have at least 20 old, worn out, torn up drum heads, 30 beat up, ripped apart drum sticks, and (perhaps weirdest of all) all of my drum head boxes...hanging on my wall.

i kept my cracked sabian o-zone crash, destroyed heads, and i used to keep all my broken sticks, but i lost most of them when i moved 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm guilty of keeping old beat up heads and sticks. I've got a cracked cymbal that I made into a clock. I've got a ton of small drum parts, especially from pedals. I collect felt spacers for cymbal stands too. I can't bring myself to throw stuff away because I think it might come in handy some day, I guess.

Yeah, I'm guilty of keeping old beat up heads and sticks. I've got a cracked cymbal that I made into a clock. I've got a ton of small drum parts, especially from pedals. I collect felt spacers for cymbal stands too. I can't bring myself to throw stuff away because I think it might come in handy some day, I guess.

That clock sounds cool! Got a pic?

Here's a shot of the cymbal clock. Nothing fancy. I picked up some clock parts a craft store for $10.00, coloured them with black marker, drew on the numbers and there you have it. The cymbal is a cheap, made in Japan thing I got with a kit I picked up at a garage sale.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 101
Here's a shot of the cymbal clock. Nothing fancy. I picked up some clock parts a craft store for $10.00, coloured them with black marker, drew on the numbers and there you have it. The cymbal is a cheap, made in Japan thing I got with a kit I picked up at a garage sale.

That's awesome!

The only thing I have is one Istanbul Mehmet 10" Splash from about 6 years ago, that is cracked almost around the whole bell. It sounded great, but I had not so good technique and as a result, this happened.

I will take pictures of it upon request.

I still have all the sticks I've broken, my old pedals and hardware, all my old music from lessons, and the box my double bass pedal came in.

Back