If you had to choose....

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
between Steve G. and Vinnie C.....

One of these guys has to be put to death.

I know that's horrible but just roll with it anyway. Yea I'm talking to you James you troublemaker.

Who dies?

Why?

Larry, did someone put something funny in your smoke?

Steve G did.

:p

Raspberries for everyone!

It's really just a novel way of asking if you had to choose one of these guys to pattern yourself after, who would it be?

Who dies?
Gadd

Fu692rv.jpg

between Steve G. and Vinnie C.....

One of these guys has to be put to death.

I know that's horrible but just roll with it anyway. Yea I'm talking to you James you troublemaker.

Who dies?

Why?

Who????? Never heard of them.

Gadd for me. I've always liked his work with Clapton on the "Crossroads" DVDs. What amazes me is that he seems to use a huge set of drumsticks -same goes for Mick Fleetwood! What's up with that?!?!?

Both, there is no way for me to select either one. Vinnie has the monster chops, Gadd no slouch but obviously more of groove and feel stylings.

I choose Jim Gordon, though. His career was over at age 30, almost before Gadd's (28 years old) even took off!

Gadd for me. I've always liked his work with Clapton on the "Crossroads" DVDs. What amazes me is that he seems to use a huge set of drumsticks -same goes for Mick Fleetwood! What's up with that?!?!?

Vinnie uses a bigger stick than Gadd, don't know about Fleetwood.

Gadd's signature sticks are small. 7a diameter and 15.5 inches. If they look big in his hands it's because he's a small guy.

Vinnie would be a goner, mostly because I like more of the music Gadd has played on.

Gadd's signature sticks are small. 7a diameter and 15.5 inches. If they look big in his hands it's because he's a small guy.

Actually .550 for Gadd, but both 7A and Gadd are under 16" long, the Gadd's have a quarter inch of length on 7A which is a large diff in the stick world.

I would keep gadd around... i love vinnie.. but gadd has more groove (to me) and weckl, is amazing to see. but i don't want to listen to him that much..

P.S. to whoever mentioned bonham (like thats avoidable) We still have Bill Ward.. better drummer and still alive.. win/win..

Back