New Gear From Gretsch - 2014

Signals

I posted this is another forum, so why not here too? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's some interesting stuff here. I think the Marquee is going to be a big seller, and I LOVE the new tom-mount on the Catalina Club.

http://www.gretschdrums.com/?fa=newthisyear

Looks good so far but cant find pricing on the Marquee series...

Well MF is showing the Marquee at 1399.00

Steve Ferrone aluminum snare!

MARQUEE weak on the colours IMO, and boring too.

Ummmm, no less than 8 different versions of CATALINA, confused yet?

MARQUEE weak on the colours IMO, and boring too.

Ummmm, no less than 8 different versions of CATALINA, confused yet?

Ya - the left side site line up is looking a bit crowded.

Realistically, they could just list Catalina, with a drop down menu to show variations. They're mostly just different configurations and colors anyways.

I don't really see the point of these drums in their lineup.
Unless there's some information I'm missing.

I think all of the new changes this year are nice improvements, but I'm with everyone else that doesn't seem to quite understand the need for the Marquee series.

Renown, Marquee, and Catalina Maple all seem to have the same shell, so the major differences are just the hardware and finishes?

I like Gretsch, but I really don't get their product line up anymore.

I'd guess the Marquee drum line is designed to sit in between the Catalina Maples and the renowns. At least here in Canada, the Cat Maples are between $700-1000 price range, and the Renowns are in the $1700+ range. This new line falling in the 1300 range is splitting the difference nicely. Or you could look at it as a set of Catalina Maples with some upgraded features for a couple hundred bucks more. I like them.

And I love the new badges on the Catalinas. So much nicer than the ones on my Cats.

Back