Photoshop request! Satin stain finish!

Zorlee

Hi photoshoppers!
I know there are some great drummers out there, that has really good photoshopchops!
I was wondering if you could do me a favor - I'm probably going to order a so-called Nesting Penguin Kit, from Whitney Drums within a couple of weeks.
I'm still having some troubles figuring out what finish I'm going to get.

Therefore I was wondering if you guys could help me out, by photoshopping one (or more) of the following pictures in these satin stain finishes:

- Black
- Dark Brown
- Dark Green
- Dark Blue
- Whatever cool color you would like to show me!

I don't know what pictures are good to work with, so I'm just gonna add three pictures!
I would be SO thankful if some of you guys could help me out!
This kit is gonna cost me some hard-earned money, so I want to make things right, when I order it!
And yes - I know that there are some guys that can't stand the look of these drums, and I understand. Whatever floats my boat, right?
But I really, really like their look + their genius portability.

Thank you so much for your trouble and time!
Yours sincerely,
Zorlee

Attachments

• whitney1.gif
    whitney1.gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Whitney4.gif
    Whitney4.gif
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Whitney3.gif
    Whitney3.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,393
Thanks man, I'll try!
But I'd be very happy if someone with photoshop experience would try as well!
Again, thanks!

Here goes - pink satin stain! Hehe! :)

I just couldn't do it - I checked tutorials, but I failed... Truly!
So, pretty please with sugar on top with lots of smiles and sprinkles and whatnot, can someone photoshop it with a black stain? :)

Here's the closest I could get to black satin. It's difficult with a low res image.

Attachments

• Black satin finish.jpg
    Black satin finish.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 962
Here's another try. It's the best I can do for black. If you want to print it out, it may not come out right since the colors are CMYK and not RGB.
I'm going to have to stop. I'm at work. Graphic Designer and all...

Attachments

• black satin finish 2.jpg
    black satin finish 2.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 884
Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate it, man! :)
I'm just wondering if you could keep the wood hoops natural? Or is that very hard to do?
Have a nice day at work!

Alright but that's gonna have to be it for me. ; ) I will say that black satin is one of my favorite drum coats.

Here is is...

Attachments

• Black satin finish.jpg
    Black satin finish.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 866
  • black satin finish 2.jpg
    black satin finish 2.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 885
Woot! You have to post lots of information about the kit when you get it. How it sounds, how durable/sturdy it is, etc. I really really want one, but don't want to drop the buckage on something that the only person I know who has used one, and says it is great, is they drum maker himself!

Drummertist: Thank you SO much!! =) I'm really leaning towards a black satin, and now I can see it a bit more clearly! You're the man!

mrchattr: Haha! Yeah, I know, it's pretty big w00t! I was about to send you a PM, when I saw your reply, actually. I'll definitely give you (and the rest of DW) lots of information about the Nesting Penguin Kit. I talked to forummember "fat in the middle", and he's an endorser, and he praised them, so now I'm going for it.
It might be a bit risky, but hopefully I'll be very happy with it! :)
And hopefully will you too, when you order yours! Woho!

Sloppy at best but here's dark brown, dark green and dark blue.

v5998h.jpg

2qd0j61.jpg

2i7n191.jpg

Personally I like the dark blue a lot.

Thank you so much man! :)
I'm actually probably going to go for a dark walnut stain, but a dark blue stain would be killer aswell... Hmm..!

The blue would make it look like a sportscar, the brown more like a limo, or at least a fancy businessman's car.

Here's some more! Enjoy!

Attachments

• Black.gif
    Black.gif
    62.9 KB · Views: 783
  • Blue.gif
    Blue.gif
    75.8 KB · Views: 757
  • Blue2.gif
    Blue2.gif
    52.6 KB · Views: 715
  • Brown.gif
    Brown.gif
    64.8 KB · Views: 711
  • Green.gif
    Green.gif
    52.4 KB · Views: 740
  • Green2.gif
    Green2.gif
    64.9 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
I see that you decided on the Penguins! I was one that responded to your previous post. Aren't they cool! Whatever color that you choose, I'm sure that they will look great! I like the dark blue or a light natural wood finish. I have also been thinking of buying a Penguin nesting kit. I think that I will go with a light natural wood finish when I buy mine. Enjoy!

Thank you so much, jjmanson, some of those colors look really nice!
Yes, bobdadrumma, I'm going for a Whitney kit. They are just too genius!
Hopefully I'll get it within 6-7 weeks... It will make gigging SO much easier! :)

Back