noise makers

moe.ron

Silver Member
hey guys,

so i've been on a heavy experimentation binge(both solo and in a band) and i've become very interested in making my own noise making objects. so far i have attached halves of superballs to chop sticks to drag across heads and cymbals which make a "sad whale" sort of noise and i'm looking into making a drum head similar to the one glenn kotche uses. does anyone have anything like this they've stumbled across or any ideas?

Check out Aussie drummer David Jones

Just finished wire wheeling a steel fire bell about 6" diameter and laquering it. Same sound you mention DMC. Rings for ever.

Saw a street busker with a saw blade that was the best sounding part of his kit (stack of shit that he was hitting anyway).

thanks guys. i've been keeping an eye our for a bell like that but haven't had a lot of luck as of yet.

Arky is a member here and has a huge assortment of bells made from damaged cymbals he bought online and cut the centers out of- in the my playing section there is bell sound sample thread with sound files and some are very cool.

Back