Drummerworld meet up at the LDS thread :)

Andy

Honorary Member
Hi all,

Please use this thread to announce you're coming to the London Drum Show, & what day. As good as anywhere else, let's arrange to meet up at the Guru stand. Looking through the live stage & masterclass schedules, I'm suggesting a time of 1:50 at the stand on both days, but happy with alternative time suggestions. That way, we can meet up & take a DW forum group shot each day :)

Of course, it would be great to see any of you at any time. I would like to draw your attention to our launch performance at 1:30pm Saturday. There, you'll hear Michele Drees performing on both Classic & Performance range Origin kits.

Anyhow, who's coming along then, & when?

I thought this was a religious thread by the title.

Wouldn't I love to be there....sigh. I envy those who attend. Here's hoping there's video.

Anyhow, who's coming along then, & when?

Thanks to you, I'll be there on Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday all day :)

For those who are coming, I look forward meeting you, you'll find me wherever Andy is wondering about, I am his shadow for two and half days :))

I wish I could make it.

Andy, whatever you do, please make sure nothing happens to the 5x14 purpleheart snare with tube lugs that you agreed to custom-build as a special gift to me.

Hoping you'll assume you agreed to do this even though you have no recollection of it because it didn't actually happen,
8Mile

you have no recollection of it because it didn't actually happen,
8Mile

I have a recollection - it was around the same time as Andy said he'd build me a gratis ultra transportable Guru Rhythm Traveler replacement kit that sounded good. Andy would have forgotten, he was terribly drunk at the time ;-)

Alas, no travel for me ATM

Please post pics and videos. Would love to be able to hang with you all face to face over something like this.

I should be there. Will know for certain by Wednesday. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Kelly Brady
Kelly, is someone exhibiting for you this year? Reason I ask, Saturday's sold out completely, & they tend not to make exceptions. If you're represented however, your distributor may be able to swing something. Would be nice to meet you. You can catch me at our stand/booth.

Andy.

I wish I could make it.

Andy, whatever you do, please make sure nothing happens to the 5x14 purpleheart snare with tube lugs that you agreed to custom-build as a special gift to me.

Hoping you'll assume you agreed to do this even though you have no recollection of it because it didn't actually happen,
8Mile
Phew, that was a close call ;)

I have a recollection - it was around the same time as Andy said he'd build me a gratis ultra transportable Guru Rhythm Traveler replacement kit that sounded good. Andy would have forgotten, he was terribly drunk at the time ;-)

Alas, no travel for me ATM
Hmmm, gratis might be an issue. I know you normally stay away from gear, but would something like this suit you? Our latest baby, with a 12" deep bass drum. Ultra light :)

Attachments

• classic1.jpg
    classic1.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 452
Kelly, is someone exhibiting for you this year? Reason I ask, Saturday's sold out completely, & they tend not to make exceptions. If you're represented however, your distributor may be able to swing something. Would be nice to meet you. You can catch me at our stand/booth.

Andy.

Yup, we have a lovely display of goodies courtesy of our fine friends at London Drum Company. Hopefully I'll be joining them. The Brady Drums exhibit will be at booth B5.

556186_501326149880607_197454690_n.jpg

Official Brady Drums event invitation for the 2012 London Drum Show:
https://www.facebook.com/events/428244620566531

:)

I'll be there on Sunday, will aim to get there for as close to 10am as I can!

Yep... Woody's delighted with it :)

Hahahahaha = classic!!! I love it :) I'm so going to steal that for our FB page :)

Nice looking woody kit, Andy. There's a point - how much do the Gurus weigh generally as compared with normal drums?
This specific range Grea, a lot less! The 12" tom weighs 4.5lb, the floor tom c/w legs = 9lb, & bass drum c/w spurs 14.5lb. For anyone wondering just how light that is, go & weigh your own drums (but maybe the Rhythm Traveller is lighter, I don't know, never weighed one). Compared to my Spaun for example, the Guru weighs 40% less, & the spaun is pretty light compared to most.

I'll be there on Sunday, will aim to get there for as close to 10am as I can!
Great! I look forward to meeting you again Ben :)

I wish I could go, but I couldn't make it work this year. Bummer. Hopefully next year. Have a great time!
Such a shame mate. Maybe next year (Larry's threatening to come over, but Bo will only come if his excessive riders are satisfied), that's if your referee will allow it ;)

.There's a point - how much do the Gurus weigh generally as compared with normal drums?

A LOT less Grea... Guru's 12" tom weight only 4.5lb, that's a fraction over 2 kilos, by comparison, my 10" tom (Tama Artstar) weight 9.9 lb, that's 4.5 kilos, it's more than double the weight of the "cappucino" tom; and mine is 2" smaller!!! ...it gives an idea how "super light" these drums are, certainly a bonus when you move your kit around, and that's without the potentially better sounding kit drawn into the equation, I'll say it's what you need... start saving now :)

I'll be there of course. I may have to beg, borrow and steal to make it but my ticket is purchased and I've been looking forward to it for some time! Just don't expect me to be able to get the coffee this time (sorry Andy, I can't reciprocate at the moment but maybe next year!).

If anyone's interested, I'll be wandering around in a Joy Division t-shirt most likely. Look for the lost and confused man, 6'2", overweight medium short brown hair and a beard. I like long walks on the beaches and making the acquaintance with red-haired goddesses of the fairer sex. But enough about my last two weeks...

Just don't expect me to be able to get the coffee this time (sorry Andy, I can't reciprocate at the moment but maybe next year!).
Coffee's on me duncan :)

it's more than double the weight of the "cappucino" tom; and mine is 2" smaller!!!
Wow, that really is a big difference. TBH, I've never bothered to weigh drums before - never felt the need. As a bit of fun, we've bagged 8 standard thin wall pot metal lugs & 8 Origin lugs, just so visitors can feel the difference on just an 8" tom.

Leaving out early tomorrow. Dean & Alex (Amedia cymbals) are meeting up here, loading all our gear onto my trailer, then heading off to London. I'm sure most visitors don't appreciate that our journey starts 2 days before the show, & preparation 6 months + earlier.

A big bit of news guys, on Saturday morning - 9:30 (1/2 hour before show opens) the drummers from the Opening ceremony of the London Olympics are performing in the street outside the exhibition centre. That's worth seeing I recon. This is going to be a great event!!!!!!

Back