I'm amazed...

Stroman

Diamond Member
...at the number really wonderful drummers out there today. I not just talking about pros either. I suspect part of the issue is the ready availability of information and certainly the ability for these drummers to show their stuff on the 'net, but it's still impressive to me. I grew up pre-internet, and it was pretty rare to see REALLY good drummers.

Anyway, to all of those that have put in the time and developed the skills, congratulations! It is certainly a pleasure for an old fart who loves drums to hear. Thanks!

I agree.

Back when I was a teen, you only discovered really new drummers one of two ways:
Modern Drummer Magazine, or world of mouth.

Now, with a few clicks I find 1,001 new drummers I had previously never heard of.

It's a tad overwhelming at times. There just isn't the time in the day to give them all a proper listen. But at same time, very inspirational that a drummer has a chance to be heard, (even if the audience is limited) without having to be in a big name band.

Yea, if you drop by a random bar or club around here any day of the week, you are sure to see a good drummer or two. it really is amazing.

Back